Got my 3rd free SVS shirt today

N

NorCalRP

Full Audioholic
I just had my second PC-2000 arrive. My 3rd, a PB-1000 is actually in my bedroom. My main room subs are now (2) SVS PC-2000, (1) HSU VTF-3 MK4, and a sealed 18" Ultimax.

I ran Audyssey again, and checked the sub distances. For sub 1 (my SVS's) my distance measures at 19' (in the front of the room), but each sub is at 12'. My sub 2 distance (HSU & Ultimax) measures at 9 6', but each is at 5'. I'm wondering if I should set my subs at their actual distances.

I ask as they'll relate to my REW measurements. I'll make measurements (and post them), initially at my MLP, to see: a) how they compare to my 3 sub measurements; b) how my measurements with Audyssey measurements compare to my non-Audyssey; and, c) how my measurements with Audyssey's determined distance measurements compare to manually input distance measurements. I'm thinking that taking the measurements with the flattest response would be a good starting point to the measure the rest of the seats, averaging the responses, then applying global EQ in my MiniDSP 2x4 HD to see how it turns out.

I was originally, with 3 subs and the help of the software designer, trying to use MSO, but Andy has disappeared like a fart in the wind. I was having a bit of trouble, and in describing a result I saw, used a term that illicited a really negative response from him. Makes me think I need to abandon my efforts with MSO.

I'm hoping to dial things in with the help of anyone who can offer me wisdom and insight. Thanks folks!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Very cool. I have (had) 2 of them. I wish I would have kept one new, but I wore them both out. Sigh.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The distances account for delay due to the on-board DSP in the subs. I haven’t ever set up subs like that through REW, thus won’t comment on how best to proceed in your case, though I am pretty certain REW can detect delays and allow you to adjust for them.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well I got the SB4000 and the shirt came with it, too big. I emailed them requesting a smaller one and they were nice enough to send a new one. When the new one showed up it was the same size as before so I gave up. Great with subs, not so much with shirts.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I got 2 shirts. Both are the wrong size lol.
Decorate with the shirt haha , why is pbs ultra so expensive and how can they fit 3 ports ? In a smaller box . That beast must be heavy !!!

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis