Got a chance play Heavenly Sword and Lair...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I dropped by Frys to check out the Blu-ray holiday sales and when I drove up there was a big PS3 display setup outside with posters of Lair and HS and they had some consoles setup so I figured I'd check it out. To my surprise, they had both games running on a few systems (they had around 10 running).

There was a little kid playing Lair and the two with HS were both occupied also so I waited for HS. The guy left shortly after and I restarted. It appeared to be only one level for each, but it was a fairly long battle sequence for HS and gave me a good feel for the game, more so than the demo. It is more like Prince of Persia than God of War, but that is a good thing because I enjoyed both Sands of Time and The Two Thrones very much. HS seemed a little bit rough still, clean animation, but a little jumpy at times. I like the fact that combos strings are nearly endless, though it could take some time to develop the right ones for given situations. Overall, the game is very fun and pretty challenging as I could not defeat the boss on that level. I will definitely be buying this one :D

Lair pretty much lived up to the reviews. I found it difficult to control and not very interesting overall. I think it would take quite a bit of time to get used to to be effective in battle, but the graphics were very impressive. This one will probably be a rental for me to get a better feel for it if they don't release a downloadable demo.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I was bored last weekend, so I traded Ninja Gaiden, (hated that damn game), and R6 Vegas towards Lair. I wish I had listened to the critics, It is definitely an average game. Just flying around with a dragon that's hard to control. The lock-on system sucks, as everyone says, because you can't control what the computer chooses to lock on to. I've actually finished a couple of missions totally by accident. I ended up picking up a character or going somewhere I wasn't even looking because of the weird lock-on system.

One thing I really don't like, is the game is VERY dark. I've actually had to crank the brightness WAY up on my TV to be able to see what's going on in some scenes.

I swear, Sony sucks. Has there been even one really good game for the PS 3 yet???

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I was bored last weekend, so I traded Ninja Gaiden, (hated that damn game), and R6 Vegas towards Lair. I wish I had listened to the critics, It is definitely an average game. Just flying around with a dragon that's hard to control. The lock-on system sucks, as everyone says, because you can't control what the computer chooses to lock on to. I've actually finished a couple of missions totally by accident. I ended up picking up a character or going somewhere I wasn't even looking because of the weird lock-on system.

One thing I really don't like, is the game is VERY dark. I've actually had to crank the brightness WAY up on my TV to be able to see what's going on in some scenes.

I swear, Sony sucks. Has there been even one really good game for the PS 3 yet???
Oblivion is the only truly excellent PS3 game out there, and it's of course available on 360 as well. Resistance, VF5, Ninja Gaiden, and R6 pretty much round out the "very good" category. Below that, there isn't much else worth playing unless you're into the genre. Examples Madden 08, Tiger Woods, Motorstorm, etc.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was disappointed with Resistance. I liked Sigma, but it wasn't a spectacular game. Rainbow I can live without. Motorstorm is probably my favorite game overall so far, but the Dirt demo is pretty fun so far.... Darkness was a lot of fun, but not overly difficult of a game. I FINALLY found a few things that were driving me up the wall trying to find, but I still haven't achieved all of the tasks.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Oblivion is the only truly excellent PS3 game out there, and it's of course available on 360 as well. Resistance, VF5, Ninja Gaiden, and R6 pretty much round out the "very good" category. Below that, there isn't much else worth playing unless you're into the genre. Examples Madden 08, Tiger Woods, Motorstorm, etc.
Well, I'm more limited than some on what I can play, as my TV doesn't do 720p. That's why I didn't pick up Oblivion.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis