Google Told Him to Do It!

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Perhaps the internet really makes people dumber.
I think it's just that the internet gives dumb people a platform to have their voices heard by a larger audience.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I think it's just that the internet gives dumb people a platform to have their voices heard by a larger audience.
Very much this. Which is why we now have flat earthers (which I still think is someone trolling and it got out of hand), anti-vax, incel, holocaust deniers, and so many more. Large groups of people that are convinced absolute nonsense that most of us would laugh down is fact. They don't even need facts to back their beliefs. Just feeling like they're somehow right.

I know people that watched a documentary about going Vegan and that's all it took to convince them to totally change their life. I asked if they did any additional research, of course they didn't. It lasted all of a month before she got sick.

I told her I wouldn't be surprised if she accidentally joined a cult at some point.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
They don't even need facts to back their beliefs. Just feeling like they're somehow right.
"It's how I feel" is a rebuttal I have heard before. It shuts down any further intelligent discourse while claiming some kind of imagined victory in the disagreement. You gotta take it all in stride. Just consider that 50% of the people out there are dumber than average and you can't fix stupid. Be happy it's not contagious.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
This appears to be a true story:

Garry Hoy, a 39-year-old senior partner with the law firm of Holden, Day, Wilson, had an unusual habit: bodychecking the windows of his office at Toronto’s TD Centre, notionally to demonstrate their tensile strength.

On July 9, 1993, Hoy decided to liven up a party for incoming articling students by making his signature move on a 24th-storey window.

At his first attempt, the window held. As it dawned on the assembled youth that they’d hitched their career wagons to a firm where senior partners batter themselves against windows like demented houseflies, Hoy took a second run. This time the glass popped out of the frame, sending Hoy free-falling to the courtyard below. Lamentably, if predictably, he died from his injuries.

We can never know what motivated Hoy: a desire to prove the robustness of modern construction techniques, whimsey, or just simply showing off.

We do know that his early demise could have been avoided had he left the testing to the experts. Or consulted with structural engineer Bob Greer, who later told the Toronto Star “I don’t know of any building code in the world that would allow a 160-pound man to run up against a glass and withstand it.”
Hoy’s defenestration left him more celebrated in death than he’d ever been in life, netting him a 1996 Darwin Award, sizeable Snopes and Wikipedia entries, and segments on the television shows 1000 Ways to Die and Mythbusters.

Thanks for the info. Wow just wow!:)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
This appears to be a true story:

Garry Hoy, a 39-year-old senior partner with the law firm of Holden, Day, Wilson, had an unusual habit: bodychecking the windows of his office at Toronto’s TD Centre, notionally to demonstrate their tensile strength.

We do know that his early demise could have been avoided had he left the testing to the experts. Or consulted with structural engineer Bob Greer, who later told the Toronto Star “I don’t know of any building code in the world that would allow a 160-pound man to run up against a glass and withstand it.”
Hoy’s defenestration left him more celebrated in death than he’d ever been in life, netting him a 1996 Darwin Award, sizeable Snopes and Wikipedia entries, and segments on the television shows 1000 Ways to Die and Mythbusters.

It's strange that a true story ends up being classified in urban legends, isn't it? :eek:

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Personally, I don't know of a single pharmacist who is AGAINST using Tamiflu.

Probably the biggest thing with Tamiflu for most pharmacists is that the dose needs to be reduced for renal impairment.

#1 adverse reactions include Headache, Body Pain, and Vomiting. But guess what kind of symptoms you ALREADY have when you have the FLU, especially a bad one? :D
Why not just call it 'Quandary'?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This guy appears to be very motivated to win a Darwin Award, but it remains to be seen if he succeeds in removing his genes from the (shallow end) of the gene pool:

>>>The judiciary in Khorasan Razavi province said it had arrested a man for “unconventional behavior” at the holy shrine of Imam Reza in Mashhad. In recent days, a video clip circulated of a man licking metal parts of the shrine and complaining that enemies of the eighth century spiritual leader had spread rumors that it is infected with the coronavirus and other diseases. By licking it clean, the man, who was said to have been arrested, explained he was making it safe for pilgrims.<<<

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-mobilizes-300-000-people-and-deploys-drones-and-water-cannon-to-halt-the-spread-of-coronavirus-11583157765?mod=article_inline

There really needs to be a special category for people who demonstrate that their genes deserve to be removed, but also demonstrate that they are too incompetent to succeed in their efforts.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis