Google Launches Enhanced Artificial Intelligence YouTube Music Service

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Will the new YouTube Music streaming service provide the soundtrack to your life? Google believes that its ability to harness the power of artificial intelligence will help the new service catch up to its rivals in the music streaming business. Google’s latest attempt to compete with Spotify and Apple Music may finally have what it takes if it doesn't creep users out in the process.

YouTube Music.jpg

Read: Google Launches YouTube Music Service

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
IMHO, Google has morphed into an untrustworthy -- even sinister -- online presence. I now use Vivaldi as my browser and DuckDuckGo for a search engine. I have removed the Google Drive app from my computers. Yeah, I am "creeped out" by Google. I use Spotify and am happy enough with that, although I am anxious to take a look at Qobuz when it is available in the US.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I currently use Google Play Music and it's great (they screwed up the Android TV app, but that's another issue) so I'm curious how the YouTube Music is going to get my current info (radio stations, things I've liked or disliked, etc.) into the app. I've already got it installed and the catalog is impressive, but it doesn't seem to be aware of Google Play Music at all.

P

Paul Lane

Audioholic Intern
But will it sound as good as Tidal HIFI MQA ??

B

boxker

Audiophyte
I stopped using Spotify, after interview with Steven Tyler about how little they are getting paid for the stuff they create. Plus, I mostly used it to learn about different music. I still buy my music, whether it be vinyl, Cds, sacds, or high res digital downloads.

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
I buy music (CDs) and I have purchased more after beginning to listen to Spotify. With Spotify, I can do an extended "preview" of a CD, and if i like it I will buy a copy. A recent example is the Gundula Janowitz 14-CD compilation by Deutsche Grammophon. I wasn't sure what a lot of the tracks would sound like (she started recording in the 1950s or earlier). I liked what I heard on Spotify quite a bit, so I bought the CD set.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis