Good Work HK Customer Service

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
I recently had a problem with my DVD 101, which, according to them, has been a very reliable unit. I emailed Harman Kardon and they asked for some information such as purchase date and place of purchase. My unit's warranty had expired 3 months ago, and I had modded it (put some dynamat inside to dampen some sound).

They offered to extend the warranty and fix the dead video card only at the shipping cost there (they paid shipping back to me). The best part is, I received it about 10 or 11 days after shipping it. They must have only kept it in the shop for a day or two since shipping took about 5.

I was very satisfied with their level of service and thought I should spread the word.

J

jimmit

Junior Audioholic
As one who is considering the purchase of HK products, I appreciate hearing something good about their customer service. Thanks.

B

bjornb17

Audiophyte
I think HK customer support is absolutely fantastic.

I recently won a FL8380 cd changer unit on ebay. Well, it arrived at home and i installed it. worked fine for about 20 minuts then started making a lot of loud noises, like the CDs were out of balance. I contacted harman kardon, and they gave me a free shipping label to send it back. They offered exchange or refund. added to that, when they got it, they not only refunded the purchase price, but also reimbursed me for the all shipping expenses, and also left positive feedback on ebay.

Also, one time i had a problem with my AVR130 receiver, and i called them. the very knowledgeable support was able to diagnose and fix my problem over the phone in about 5 minutes, and i've never had a problem since.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I wish I would have bought an HK receiver. I can't even get a hold of anyone at Denon right now. Tried emails and their toll phone number. Nothing. Sent in my remote three weeks ago and have heard nothing back. So much for the great Denon AVR3805 receiver! C'mon Denon, this is unreal!

B

bjornb17

Audiophyte
not to mention what great quality the HK receivers have. I have the most entry level model, the AVR130 which i got remanufactured from their outlet store. It sounds MUCH better than the more expensive onkyo and sony recievers i had laying around the house. It's just about perfect

K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
Yea, I've had an HK AVR330 for about a year and a half I have had absolutley no problems with it and the sound quality for stereo and home theater is just amazing.

HookedOnSound

HookedOnSound

Full Audioholic
nm2285 said:
I was very satisfied with their level of service and thought I should spread the word.
Thanks for the info.

I no longer look at just the sticker price anymore. I have always heard (no pun intended) that HK makes good products but nothing about their warranty/service. Another feather in their Hat! The only reason I haven't looked at HK seriously is because I find their recent AVRs very big and probably wouldn't fit in my Ent. Wall Unit (WAF issue here). But after hearing positives comment like that, I'll pay closer attention when doing my next AVR replacement.

Speaking of customer service, in general with consumer electronics, is customer service generally getting worse?

I had a horrible experience with a projector co. about 4 months ago that left me stupified how they are still in business!

Thanks again,

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
Hookedonsound:

Check out HKs line of all digital receivers...they're quite slim and still very powerful.

Buckeyefan:

Sorry to hear of your problems. I was talking to the owner of a small retail store not too long ago and he mentioned that Denon was nowhere near the top of the service list in a poll taken and published among store owners. Yamaha was way at the top...I know many of us here swear by them. I hope you can get it resolved soon.

snakeyes

snakeyes

Audioholic Intern
bjornb17 said:
I think HK customer support is absolutely fantastic.

I recently won a FL8380 cd changer unit on ebay. Well, it arrived at home and i installed it. worked fine for about 20 minuts then started making a lot of loud noises, like the CDs were out of balance. I contacted harman kardon, and they gave me a free shipping label to send it back. They offered exchange or refund. added to that, when they got it, they not only refunded the purchase price, but also reimbursed me for the all shipping expenses, and also left positive feedback on ebay.

Also, one time i had a problem with my AVR130 receiver, and i called them. the very knowledgeable support was able to diagnose and fix my problem over the phone in about 5 minutes, and i've never had a problem since.
i had a similar experience with the same player. but i just had them send me the replacement and have been happy since.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
nm2285 said:
Hookedonsound:

Check out HKs line of all digital receivers...they're quite slim and still very powerful.

Buckeyefan:

Sorry to hear of your problems. I was talking to the owner of a small retail store not too long ago and he mentioned that Denon was nowhere near the top of the service list in a poll taken and published among store owners. Yamaha was way at the top...I know many of us here swear by them. I hope you can get it resolved soon.
Got the new remote back and is working great. Apparently I had an old number that still rang to Denon. When I found a current 800# (not listed on Denon's website!), someone answered the phone and shipped out the remote that day. I'm not sure why they have a bad # listed on the website, but Denon does not return emails. You must have the 800# for service. In any event, they did what they were supposed to do.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Im finding alot of manufactures are lazy at updating websites. For instance goto the NAD website and they display the T514 DVD player on the main page. Yet its not listed in the product section. The funny thing is its out on display at my NAD dealer. Very frustrating if you ask me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis