Good subwoofers from non Internet-Direct brands

K

kosmik

Enthusiast
When discussing subwoofers on this forum people end up suggesting SVS, HSU, Monoprice or other internet-direct brands as giving more value for the price comparing to traditional brands.
In my country e.g. https://www.svsound.com/products/sb-3000 costs USD 2K instead of 1K (they work via dealers as any other brands) and HSU/Monoprice are non-existent.

If ID brads are out of question, what are good alternatives among traditional brands? What I'm looking at is a subwoofer to complement by Focal Aria 948 for movies and music (I listen to quite a lot of jazz with double bass). I don't listen to high volumes, but my living room is about 6x6x3 meters and non-sealed. I don't need wireless or auto-setup functionality since I'm using Dirac Live. I'd prefer to stay below 2K USD.

For example, matching sealed subwoofer from Focal (Sub 1000F) costs around 1.5K here. Is it any good?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
When discussing subwoofers on this forum people end up suggesting SVS, HSU, Monoprice or other internet-direct brands as giving more value for the price comparing to traditional brands.
In my country e.g. https://www.svsound.com/products/sb-3000 costs USD 2K instead of 1K (they work via dealers as any other brands) and HSU/Monoprice are non-existent.

If ID brads are out of question, what are good alternatives among traditional brands? What I'm looking at is a subwoofer to complement by Focal Aria 948 for movies and music (I listen to quite a lot of jazz with double bass). I don't listen to high volumes, but my living room is about 6x6x3 meters and non-sealed. I don't need wireless or auto-setup functionality since I'm using Dirac Live. I'd prefer to stay below 2K USD.

For example, matching sealed subwoofer from Focal (Sub 1000F) costs around 1.5K here. Is it any good?
I'd pay the extra for the SVS. The focal is good for music but dosent reach deep for home theater. If you get a non ID brand, your gonna pay more regardless of where you live.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Might check Paradigm subs, if they’re available where you live.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Its really hard to find anything decent from traditional brands that can even touch the I'd brands. Polk has the HTS 10 and 12 line that would be pretty decent even got a solid review on AVS but it will still not be able to get you solid down to 20hz movie performance

My pick would be the Klipsch 15 inch RS115w I believe there are two models that are close in name I think that's the right one. 400 RMS amp good performance to 20hz. But still it can't go as deep as ID 15 inch subs but as deep as most will need. They sell that at my best buy sometimes for 700. 1400 for 2 of those would be a good buy.

K

kosmik

Enthusiast
Yes, Paradigm X12 is available here, slightly more expensive than SVS SB 3000.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
My pick would be the Klipsch 15 inch RS115w I believe there are two models that are close in name I think that's the right one. 400 RMS amp good performance to 20hz. But still it can't go as deep as ID 15 inch subs but as deep as most will need. They sell that at my best buy sometimes for 700. 1400 for 2 of those would be a good buy.
Yep, that is he right one!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
What does a KEF Kube 12b sell for where you (the OP) are located? For music, they are incredible!

K

kosmik

Enthusiast
Thank you all for recommendations! In the end I've ordered SVS SB 3000, even though it cost a lot here.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you all for recommendations! In the end I've ordered SVS SB 3000, even though it cost a lot here.
Hey enjoy it's extra but I gotta feeling your going to love it!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis