Good Speaker Pair for Music and Then for Movies(Mostly Music) for $1500-2000

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
What are good speaker Pair in that range.

Be it Floor Standing or Book Shelf/Monitors.

Would like it for Music but be good if it can also handle Movies.

He is Looking at KEF LS50
I recommended Arendal 1723 Monitor S THX

If any better recommendations please do provide.

Budget: $1500-2000(max)

No SUB is being paired. But he is fine not having very deep low end. That is what he said. But you guys can judge him. And no he will not be pairing them to a SUB.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Without a sub, he should really be looking at tower speakers. The HECO Aurora 1000 has fine bass, and it is a very good speaker overall. The Klipsch RP-8000 has very solid bass all the way down to below 40Hz. The JBL Studio 590s supposedly have very powerful bass.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Without a sub, he should really be looking at tower speakers. The HECO Aurora 1000 has fine bass, and it is a very good speaker overall. The Klipsch RP-8000 has very solid bass all the way down to below 40Hz. The JBL Studio 590s supposedly have very powerful bass.
He is fine with having less bass but need really good mids and highs. Clear and detailed.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
If I advise him 590 or RP-8000 okay it will have good bass. But will it have similar or even better Mids and Highs than that KEF LS50 he is looking at.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
This thread reads like your talking for a third person. Each to his own but frankly it's a bit rude, can't he talk for himself.
As to your speakers, and what might be excepable. Before anyone can recommend, or say what they like, it might be advisable to know what his amplification is ?

My only advice is for the buyer to audition, audition, and audition until he finds something he likes, and will serve his requirements, for something to handle both music and movies.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
This thread reads like your talking for a third person. Each to his own but frankly it's a bit rude, can't he talk for himself.
As to your speakers, and what might be excepable. Before anyone can recommend, or say what they like, it might be advisable to know what his amplification is ?

My only advice is for the buyer to audition, audition, and audition until he finds something he likes, and will serve his requirements, for something to handle both music and movies.
Like if every single person has to audition all the speakers in the world till he finds something he likes then this world will be filled with returned speakers. No not all have that kind of time.

And I come here to get advise on shortlisting the speakers based on experience of many members of the community. If you think that it is waste of time to be here asking for speaker advise then I guess the reviewers or the members who are here trying to share their experiences and advise others based on what they experienced first hand are wasting their time.

Doesn't makes sense to have a community and forum like this right.

So stop with go and audition all the speakers and then pick one. No not possible. I guess you have no other job to do than to audition speakers but we do.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
All anyone can do is say what they like, For instance I like Magico, I doubt I'll ever own any models, The reason being, there is only two dealers in Australia that carry entry level models, that together with the bad state of our dollar which is worth 72 cants us. Makes the cost almost impossible
But no one can say what someone else wants, sure we can suggest anything till the cows come home, But what we like others may hate, the same thing applies to Car's, houses, wives, etc. I could suggest a brand, you buy sight and sound un-seen or heard, and you hate it, is that my fault, simply because I suggested it. I also inquired about your amplification, which you ignored, and which is important, not all amps sound the same, and not all speakers sound the same, You could have a top of the line model amp, or you could have the simplest design out there. No-one's to know. And what I said before everyone's tastes are different.

Really your questions are impossible to answer, and the response you have received is testament to that.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
All anyone can do is say what they like, For instance I like Magico, I doubt I'll ever own any models, The reason being, there is only two dealers in Australia that carry entry level models, that together with the bad state of our dollar which is worth 72 cants us. Makes the cost almost impossible
But no one can say what someone else wants, sure we can suggest anything till the cows come home, But what we like others may hate, the same thing applies to Car's, houses, wives, etc. I could suggest a brand, you buy sight and sound un-seen or heard, and you hate it, is that my fault, simply because I suggested it. I also inquired about your amplification, which you ignored, and which is important, not all amps sound the same, and not all speakers sound the same, You could have a top of the line model amp, or you could have the simplest design out there. No-one's to know. And what I said before everyone's tastes are different.

Really your questions are impossible to answer, and the response you have received is testament to that.
Cool. You should have said that you have no solid advise or recommendation to give. Which is completely fine. But saying that no one can help is not correct. See others may have their valuable opinion to share and some good recommendations to make.

For example. shadyJ on top advised some good speakers and also provided the reasons to consider them. See that is helpful info.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Guys Got recommendation of Philharmonic BMR Monitors. How are they.

K

kyzer soze

Enthusiast
Guys Got recommendation of Philharmonic BMR Monitors. How are they.
Excellent speakers, I own a pair. I've heard great things about Arendal but unfortunately haven't heard them yet. Ascend Sierra LX would be a great choice too.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Polk R700 Towers
NHT Classic Four Towers
KEF Q950 Towers

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan

A fact is that all of the well designed solid state amps sound the same, when they are operating within their designed limits, period.

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

Not to sidetrack the thread, but why is there text box around all of your replies?

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Excellent speakers, I own a pair. I've heard great things about Arendal but unfortunately haven't heard them yet. Ascend Sierra LX would be a great choice too.
Are they as clear and detailed as reviews suggest. How is their build quality. How is after sales support. Like Warranty what is the Warranty period on the pair you got.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
You have a great deal to learn about audio performance, if you think that.
NO. You're the one who has a lot to learn. You have to go to school to get the proper knowledge or at least read serious technical books! :rolleyes:

I have built amplifiers and speakers. What is your experience in building audio stuff?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis