Good news everyone!

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Dude, I have a damn computer lab upstairs now. Two for the two in school (K and 1st) and another for the wife who now works again, but only from home.

At least my future pool table will still fit. They're all lucky I have so many spare PC parts laying around. Never thought I'd use any of that stuff again, but here we are.
I'm in the same boat. We have a home office but the one kid was using it for school. The oldest was using the school issued iPad from the bed. The wife was using the kitchen table. Not gonna work long term. Hence the upstairs office is for the wife since she does so many calls/meetings. Got a desk built for the oldest kid to work that I put in the formal living room. It's cherry and matches the bedroom furniture so eventually it can get moved into that kid's room. One more desk to build for the youngest kid to go in the other living/family room. That kid gets the spare laptop from my business. I don't have a project manager for it right now so the kid gets it.

All that's left is to reconfigure the home network and network link the printers and get those moved so the kids can print while not bothering the wife. Good times!

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Hmmm, it does seem odd that she's taken an interest in my shotgun lately. :rolleyes:
Crap... I took my wife to shoot sporting clays on Sunday. So she knows how basic handle a shotgun. Maybe I made a mistake... Strategic thinking error?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Crap... I took my wife to shoot sporting clays on Sunday. So she knows how basic handle a shotgun. Maybe I made a mistake... Strategic thinking error?
No... It's well known women tend to be poisoners, not shooters.

If you see her take an interest in Anti-Freeze, Apricot or Peach Pits, or Castor beans... then you should worry.

o_O:eek::eek:

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm in the same boat. We have a home office but the one kid was using it for school. The oldest was using the school issued iPad from the bed. The wife was using the kitchen table. Not gonna work long term. Hence the upstairs office is for the wife since she does so many calls/meetings. Got a desk built for the oldest kid to work that I put in the formal living room. It's cherry and matches the bedroom furniture so eventually it can get moved into that kid's room. One more desk to build for the youngest kid to go in the other living/family room. That kid gets the spare laptop from my business. I don't have a project manager for it right now so the kid gets it.

All that's left is to reconfigure the home network and network link the printers and get those moved so the kids can print while not bothering the wife. Good times!
Pretty much did the same. Printer is now in the upstairs area and out of my office closet. It was on top of my rack so it wasn't exactly accessible.

I have to be in my office because I take so many calls so everyone else has to be upstairs. My 3yo son gets board and wants to be on the computer too so I might have to build yet another one. Had to buy 250ft of CAT6 to make extra cables for all the PCs. Sure am glad I got my house wired.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

If you see her take an interest in Anti-Freeze, Apricot or Peach Pits, or Castor beans... then you should worry.

Just have the kids taste your food and see how she reacts. :oops:

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan

When I was in my teenage years, I used to eat peach pits. I didn't know that they contained cyanide. Anyways, I survived but now thinking about it, it might have been the cause of a few belly aches which I had at the time without making the connection as I was ignorant of the risks.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General

Just great... you would bring that up. She saved the pit core from a nectarine yesterday. It's sitting on the kitchen counter. I think that will just disappear...

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Pretty much did the same. Printer is now in the upstairs area and out of my office closet. It was on top of my rack so it wasn't exactly accessible.

I have to be in my office because I take so many calls so everyone else has to be upstairs. My 3yo son gets board and wants to be on the computer too so I might have to build yet another one. Had to buy 250ft of CAT6 to make extra cables for all the PCs. Sure am glad I got my house wired.
I've been thinking the same thing...I'll have to run some wires. I can run down from the router through the basement to the one room that can stage a printer easily. It'll be better in the long run. I just need to get it done.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
God knows we could use more people like her.

Thank u for passing that along. It gives me hope that not all of humanity are turds.
That would be the entire point of this thread. "Regular" news seems to just report the bad. We need to see all the good things happening that don't get reported. There are a lot.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Music does it for everyone. Hugs is not macho, but fk it. Hugs to all.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis