Good Lower Priced Floorstanding Speakers

M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
Ok, debating some things. Didnt buy any bf sale stuff after rearranging sub to find sweet spot. Sold my B&W floorstanding dm 604 s2. Looking for a wood color veneer floorstanding speaker. Been using klipsch rp160 pair with r112sw on Onkyo Nr709, Audiosource 8 Eq, onkyo DVD to play CD. Want a more powerful middle level. So Pogre likes the dcm Tfe and I like their looks. The other things I have been interest in are bang and olufsen s75, klipsch heresy, rf 82ii, wharfdale diamond 240. Totally different animals. Here is the question will a 3 or 4 way speaker give better imaging? Could the horn be fatiguing my ears, yes. Budget 600 floorstanding wood simulated speakers. As my opinions or suggestions are welcome. Oh forgot psb image 5t

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
DCM TFE would be my choice -- and the clearance prices are crazy good

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, debating some things. Didnt buy any bf sale stuff after rearranging sub to find sweet spot. Sold my B&W floorstanding dm 604 s2. Looking for a wood color veneer floorstanding speaker. Been using klipsch rp160 pair with r112sw on Onkyo Nr709, Audiosource 8 Eq, onkyo DVD to play CD. Want a more powerful middle level. So Pogre likes the dcm Tfe and I like their looks. The other things I have been interest in are bang and olufsen s75, klipsch heresy, rf 82ii, wharfdale diamond 240. Totally different animals. Here is the question will a 3 or 4 way speaker give better imaging? Could the horn be fatiguing my ears, yes. Budget 600 floorstanding wood simulated speakers. As my opinions or suggestions are welcome. Oh forgot psb image 5t
Just to be clear, I really like the TP160S speakers I bought from DCM, which are a model tier down from the TFE series. @zieglj01 has a pair of TFE bookshelf speakers and has heard both. He feels the TFE series outperforms the TP series and I trust his impressions. He's pointed me in the right direction a few times now. If they're better than the TPs I have then they must be very, very good because I'm impressed with the cheaper model.

*Edit: With the ~$250 price tag for towers and my hands on with cheaper models I have no trouble recommending them.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
At $250/pair, the DCM TFE100 is a helluva steal!
These are so much better than anything that inexpensive has any right to be!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Bingo! on the TFE series

At $250/pair, the DCM TFE100 is a helluva steal!
These are so much better than anything that inexpensive has any right to be!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis