J

jzac

Audioholic
Which websites give you the best value for DVD-A selection? Is DVD Empire good for the value? I'm scoping out the good sources before picking up a few... any hints/clues/leads will be appreciated. :)

Thx!

M

MrKlister

Junior Audioholic
You can check out acousticsounds.com. They have a very large collection of DVD-A and SACD and even vinyl. You could also check out amusicdirect.com.

J

jzac

Audioholic
Superb..

Damn... those are superb sites! Thanks for the info guys. I'll check on the pricing now.

:cool:

Peace!

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Acoustic Sounds

This site carries a ton of multichannel DVD-A and SACD along with other "audiophile quality" recordings. Acoustic Sounds

Their service is GREAT and they are very friendly. I ordered a few selections a couple of months ago and I received them in less than 48 hours. When I found out they are located in Salina, Kansas. I decided to take a road trip (approx. 80 miles from where I live) to check out their warehouse. So yesterday, a friend and I were there for about 2 hours.. and I must say it was like walking into Audio Heaven. There were so many choices I didn't know what to do. For once I didn't feel like I had to settle for something I didn't know how much I would really listen to. What a relief! I would say the only bad experience was having to put 10 or 15 discs back on the shelf (poor college student :( ) From now on I will save up some cash and take a road trip and buy all my music there.

J

jzac

Audioholic
another good one...

Guys, I came across another interesting website called DVD EMPIRE http://www.dvdempire.com/ for DVD-A's that's cheaper (about 10%) than the other websites. They may not have all the selection like Music Direct (darn good!), but it has come pretty decent selection, and whatever they have is cheaper than the other sites. I just ordered for Steely Dan's 2 Against Nature DVD, Donald Fagen's The Nightfly DVD-A ($16.18), Pat Metheney's Imaginary Day DVD-A($16.18)... since I ordered for 3 I get shipping free! I thought that was pretty good. They didn't have the Flaming Lips DVD-A in stock, so I have to go to one of the other sites to get it.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

DVD Empire also has a lot import movies and stuff; I bought a really cool anime movie last year from them that I'd been looking for since the mid 90's!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis