Good afternoon everyone got a question for the minds of Audio !

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
just got back my Yamaha RX-A 3020 back from rebuild after being wiped out from a lighting strike last summer . it sounds great by the way took a new main board and another chip it was cheaper to fix than to replace the thing is using ypao it now sets the main speakers out of phase which after checking cables to be sure its wired up correctly my room is large and had the flooring replaced with laminte from carpet could this be throwing the reading off for the ypao every this else is almost spot on from the calabration distance , levels were very close after checked and tweked with sound meter although the back rears were off 2 db but that was raised up to match the rest nothing sounds out of phase should I just ignore the out of phase warning .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd ignore the warning and move on. Could be an acoustical difference causing it....

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thank you was thinking the same although when setting up the two front subs I had to run them out of phase to get them up to levels that were close too am I wrong in thinking that the switch from carpet to vinel flooring changed the acoustics in the room .

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
My Yamaha TSR-7790 did the same thing I ran it a few times and after all done it was telling me I had a speaker out of phase which I knew I didn’t. LTHD is correct, room issues probably. I have to ask your 3020 was repaired nice! If you don’t mind could you share which repair shop? As I’m sure you know that Yamaha Flagship AVR new can go for over 1500 so spending a few hundred for a good repair is Definitely worth it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you was thinking the same although when setting up the two front subs I had to run them out of phase to get them up to levels that were close too am I wrong in thinking that the switch from carpet to vinel flooring changed the acoustics in the room .
Phase switches on subs are limited but whatever yielded the stronger bass should do it....and thinking the acoustic differences in the room could account for it. I did recently rerun Audyssey after recabling/repositioning and it did catch me with one reversed connection on a rear surround, so if you're sure they're in phase I just wouldn't worry about it.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Thank you and sorry about that I tend to type as I think lol ! I reversed them on the subs huge help I reran the ypao and after in had the fronts in phase so ill go with it like you say . Thanks and stay healthy Sir

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
My Yamaha TSR-7790 did the same thing I ran it a few times and after all done it was telling me I had a speaker out of phase which I knew I didn’t. LTHD is correct, room issues probably. I have to ask your 3020 was repaired nice! If you don’t mind could you share which repair shop? As I’m sure you know that Yamaha Flagship AVR new can go for over 1500 so spending a few hundred for a good repair is Definitely worth it.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I had Best buy send it into a regional center in Louisville Kt. id put off fixing it for about a year . it was past warranty but its a nice unit it took a new main board and something to do with the hdmi board it took a jolt from a big storm . it was 380.00 to fix and was well worth it to me I. I think I paid 1,990 or something for it new so 380.00 was better lol than the price of newer model for sure . yes the new flooring is way different lots of reflections iam guessing that wasn't there with carpet my room is large too 24 long by 16 wide iam using outboard carver amps for the mains surrounds and rear surrounds and useind the recivers amps for the front and rear presence height speakers. JBL speakers all the way around 11.2 . And tons of power .

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis