Good 5.1 audio on PS4 and TV, but cable box (receiver) stop audio output (idk why)

K

Ketchup

Audiophyte
Hi everbody. I'm new to this world, and I bought recently a Sony RT3 (5.1). As a newcomer, I liked to start with a "basic" 5.1 system. I wanted a real surround system.

After studying all options available in my country, I decided to give a try to that system (i's old, but a good budget option).

Once installed, I loved when i realized that my TV (LG Smart TV 2019) can stream audio to it via bluetooth (official reviews in amazon said it cannot). however, the audio only came in 2.1, so I used a HDMI ARC to connect.

Everything ok, wonderfu sound with my PS4 (slim), and everything was going ok. BUT, when I connected my TV Cable to my TV, and turn TV on, sound was ok for 10 seconds, but then stopped from working (no sound at all, included PS4).

I unplugged the TV cable box from TV, and sound came back by magic. I connect my cable box, and again no sound.

Basically this is the sequence:

- PS4 to TV by HDMI
- HDMI ARC from TV to HT
- TV cable box unplugged
- Sound great

Then

- While TV on, plugged HDMI TV cable box to TV
- Sound good
- Turn off TV
- Turn on TV
- Sound from TV in HT is great, 10 secs after, no sound at all
- PS4: no sound

I don't know why this happens. I can live with this troubles, as I enjoy to use my HT for gaming and Netflix, and I unplug the Cable box to enjoy it. But i wonder why this weird thing happen, and if anybody knows, a possible solution.

I read once that some tv cable receivers have a "thing" that blocks the ARC channel from TV.

A pic of the tv cable box back https://img.yapo.cl/images/78/7893034634.jpg

Thank you everyone

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis