B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
If you have any tall tales detailing miracle shots, want to brag about a good round, laugh at a bad round, share the state of your "current or past" golf game, tell us about a course you've played, or simply wish to share a funny golf story............ sound off!!

My biggest 2007 change is my 5 year old son. He's become a regular golf junky, and I take him to the course 3-4 times per week in the evenings. He basically rides along, but he does bring his 7-iron and a putter. I let him putt, and whack a few irons off the fairways(that's about it). His swing is getting better than some adults I've played with:rolleyes: I can't put into words how much joy it brings me seeing how much my little boy enjoys being out on the golf course. If we aren't at the course, he's always in the backyard whacking whiffle balls. I love it:D

With that said, I'm playing far more golf than normal thanks to my son. I normally play a lot anyway, but this year will be much, much more once I include my 'grownup only' rounds. I've kept a valid USGA handicap for 10+ years, but recently stopped for the lack of never playing HC'd tourneys lately. I've been pretty much been stuck around a 6HC in recent years, and it seemed I was destined to never significantly improve.

My game has gone to a complete new level, and for a variety of reasons.
1. playing more-duh?
2. I finally was fitted by a pro
3. Course strategy

For those reasons, my game has elevated itself to an entirely new level in 2007. Besides hitting the ball more solidly than ever with my new irons, I'm playing smarter to the wider landing areas rather than attacking the narrow areas with driver. The end result is I'm hitting tons more fairways, more greens, and better scores. (including my first 18 hole score under par)

Anyway, I knew I was playing better, but by how much? Because I stopped keeping a HC.....I really had no way to really judge. I record all my rounds anyway(Every score since 1-1-93), so I finally took my most recent 20, and posted them onto one of those free online handicap services, and viola..... it came back as a 2.1 index. I was completely floored!! Wow....the golf life has never been better for this Buckeye_Nut!!

My biggest weakness is playing from bad lies around the greens and from greenside bunkers. I play all the time, but I refuse to practice. If I ever got serious enough to put time into bunker/short game practice, I could easily knock off a few more strokes. Baaah humbug.... I'd rather play than practice!!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
2.1 awesome! I am a big 16 but I drink a lot while golfing!

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Does goony golf count? I mean I had a run in with crab once.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Ok I found it: 5-02-2007 GOLF STORIES, ANYONE by Buckeye Nut.....my post is #3 in reference to the crab.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis