Goldenear vs Definitive Technology, upgrade or unnecessary expense?

A

Anchorman80

Audiophyte
What are your thoughts on Goldenear and would there be much benefit to switching from my Definitive Technology BP9080x towers to Goldenear? Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Lateral move, not worth the effort to go from DT to GE.

But, when I made my purchase, I did choose GE over DT. I own the GE T2, and I also own a set of the DT SM350.

You didn't say what GE, but since you are comparing to the DT, I would assume it is a T2 or one of the powered "sub" models.

The GE does have a better tweeter, IMO. And is very likely to have better imaging since the DT has the rear-firing drivers.

Also, note that the DT will likely be more challenging to get the placement dialed in, and will need to be further out from the wall.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
would there be much benefit to switching from my Definitive Technology BP9080x towers to Goldenear? Thanks for your time.
The answer is NO. Don't waste your money.

Why? Your speakers don't sound good anymore?

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
What are your thoughts on Goldenear and would there be much benefit to switching from my Definitive Technology BP9080x towers to Goldenear? Thanks for your time.
The T line has 2 speakers near the pricepoint of your speakers....the T1 & T2.

This is not always the case, but a good bit of the time with OEM speakers...to get an appreciable gain on an upgrade from a nice pair of speakers you typically can expect to spend considerably more money than the cost of your current speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis