going from 7.1.2 to 7.1.4

cristisabo_28

cristisabo_28

Junior Audioholic
Hello.My 7.1.2 system consists of: Jamo C809 fronts ,Jamo C80 center ,Jamo C80 surrounds, Jamo C93 for surround back and 2x Canton incelling 880 for Atmos.Now I am using a 9.2 Pioneer SC-LX88( aprox 140 W/Ch).I want to add 2 more speakers in the ceiling to have a 7.1.4 system.So, the receiver has to go and I am considering a Denon receiver to take it's place.The x8500 is too expensive for me ,so I was thinking to get a Denon X 7200 .It has only 9 channels of amplification(and 11 channels of processing) so I should get an external amplifier.First I was thinking buying a powerful stereo amplifier for the 2 front speakers(let's say at least 200 W/ch),that would also make a difference when listening to music in stereo mode.Well, after I've read other posts on the same subject I understood that there will be no night/day difference.So, my questions are:
1.What if I get a stereo amplifier to drive a pair of the ceiling speakers?This way I will power on the stereo receiver only on Dolby Atmos content and I don't think I will rob a bank to buy the amp:).
2.Is it easy to make this set up?(maybe you can suggest some amps)
The thing with the Denon X7200 is that I can get one for a reasonable price.
Thank you

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis