Go republicans! Let's restrict womens bodies again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That's only if you equate murder with abortion.
I feel sorry for woman having to live in the pro-birth states as they will have little to no support during or after pregnancies. Should they be single mothers they’ll be stigmatized and blamed for all the societies ills.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Will Disney and other companies face more state sanctioned free speech oppression in Florida and other GOP states because of this?

>>>The Walt Disney Co. said Friday it would cover employee travel expenses for abortions in light of the Supreme Court’s decision to strike down Roe v. Wade, the latest corporate giant to make the move as companies scramble to adjust to the new reality.

The benefit covers the cost of travel for “family planning” for any worker who cannot access care where they live, Disney said, including “pregnancy-related decisions.” The company employs 195,000 worldwide, including roughly 80,000 in Florida.

“We recognize the impact of the ruling and that we remain committed to providing comprehensive access to quality and affordable care for all of our employees, cast members and their families, including family planning and reproductive care, no matter where they live,” Disney said in a statement to The Post.

A torrent of similar announcements rolled in Friday from companies such as Netflix, Paramount, Sony and Comcast, underscoring corporate America’s unusual role in safeguarding reproductive rights following the high court’s ruling on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. But the moves could also open companies up to public backlash and legal liability as they navigate the fast-changing landscape of reproductive rights in the United States. ...<<<

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hard to know what the challenged white men will do these days to feel better about themselves at everyone else's expense. Such a sad bunch these poor old white males are who are so threatened by just about everything these days except being a giant d*ck (but not actually having one)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Good job Supreme Court supporting the will of the people. :mad:

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Remember the 2016 election, how clean is that swamp now?
“I don’t like Trump but he is the lesser of two evils”
Just say the election was corrupt, me and the republican senators will do the rest.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Eh it sucks. But the states will find a way to adapt around it.

The one weakness of Roe vs Wade was using the courts in the first place to establish the law

Congress will have to someday pass it into law to set the precedent.

Until then people will adapt and overcome.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I mean heck they tried to outlaw alcohol with the 18th amendment and then repealed it with the 21st that only lasted 13 years

That was just telling people if they could drink or not

Good luck making people comply with something much more intimate and personal such as what to do with there bodies.

I don't think this will be as easy to enforce as they think it will be

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I mean heck they tried to outlaw alcohol with the 18th amendment and then repealed it with the 21st that only lasted 13 years

Good luck making people comply with something much more intimate and personal such as what to do with there bodies.

I don't think this will be as easy to enforce as they think it will be
And built one of the greatest black markets of all time doing so. Then there were the drug wars. What will the abortion thing bring sort of makes me worry....

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
And built one of the greatest black markets of all time doing so. Then there were the drug wars. What will the abortion thing bring sort of makes me worry....
I totally agree with you what the conservatives that support this don't understand is that usually this type of restriction creates a form of underground black market and criminal activity that rises up from it.

What they might find is this creates more problems then they could have foreseen. Like the old saying goes be careful what you wish for because you just might get it

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I totally agree with you what the conservatives that support this don't understand is that usually this type of restriction creates a form of underground black market and criminal activity that rises up from it.

What they might find is this creates more problems then they could have foreseen. Like the old saying goes be careful what you wish for because you just might get it
Oh I doubt its all that innocent....

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Rather a tired line at this point, but until man starts having kids than I don't really take them serious on the issue. Encouraging her to have the child vs forcing them to. State rights. However, the parts I've read about a state preventing her to travel outstate isn't really state rights anymore and more along the lines of statism/totalitarianism IMO. Especially if they pay for it out of their own pocket.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Kavanaugh, he should never have been confirmed due to his temperament he showed at the hearing, and now we learn he is a lying scumbag too.

>>>During a two-hour meeting in her Senate office with the Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh on Aug. 21, 2018, Senator Susan Collins of Maine pressed him hard on why she should trust him not to overturn Roe v. Wade if she backed his confirmation.

Judge Kavanaugh worked vigorously to reassure her that he was no threat to the landmark abortion rights ruling.
“Start with my record, my respect for precedent, my belief that it is rooted in the Constitution, and my commitment and its importance to the rule of law,” he said, according to contemporaneous notes kept by multiple staff members in the meeting. “I understand precedent and I understand the importance of overturning it.”

“Roe is 45 years old, it has been reaffirmed many times, lots of people care about it a great deal, and I’ve tried to demonstrate I understand real-world consequences,” he continued, according to the notes, adding: “I am a don’t-rock-the-boat kind of judge. I believe in stability and in the Team of Nine.”
“I feel misled,” Ms. Collins said in an interview, adding that the decision was in stark contrast to the assurances she had received privately from Justice Kavanaugh, who had made similar, if less exhaustive, pronouncements at his public hearing.

Mr. Manchin, the only Democrat to vote for Justice Kavanaugh, also expressed similar sentiments about Justice Neil M. Gorsuch, who made his own strong statements about adhering to precedent during his confirmation in 2017.

“I trusted Justice Gorsuch and Justice Kavanaugh when they testified under oath that they also believed Roe v. Wade was settled legal precedent and I am alarmed they chose to reject the stability the ruling has provided for two generations of Americans,” said Mr. Manchin, who himself is anti-abortion.
...<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

I don't think this will be as easy to enforce as they think it will be.
Prohibition in the USA is a fascinating part of our history. Like most people, I never understood much about it, until I read Last Call: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition, by Daniel Okrent

It's highly entertaining and I highly recommend reading it.

One of the book's points is that those who pushed for nationwide prohibition of alcohol, never followed through with enough funds to enforce the new law. Did they never intend to enforce it? Or were they just too stingy to provide the money?

For the most part, state and city governments were expected to enforce the new federal law, without federal money to pay for it. Some states did, but more states didn't. There were some feeble, even comic, federal efforts. But they were never big enough to get the job done.

See
Bureau of Prohibition
Izzy Einstein and Moe Smith
The Untouchables

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Prohibition in the USA is a fascinating part of our history. Like most people, I never understood much about it, until I read Last Call: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition, by Daniel Okrent

It's highly entertaining and I highly recommend reading it.

One of the book's points is that those who pushed for nationwide prohibition of alcohol, never followed through with enough funds to enforce the new law. Did they never intend to enforce it? Or were they just too stingy to provide the money?

For the most part, state and city governments were expected to enforce the new federal law, without federal money to pay for it. Some states did, but more states didn't. There were some feeble, even comic, federal efforts. But they were never big enough to get the job done.

See
Bureau of Prohibition
Izzy Einstein and Moe Smith
The Untouchables
Thars a great point and a very good link. I suspect that's what is going to happen here. It's one thing to pass it. Paying for enforcing it? That's another. Texas doesn't even pay to upgrade there power grid. I bet they'll be singing a different tune when they see what its going to cost to enforce this

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Thars a great point and a very good link. I suspect that's what is going to happen here. It's one thing to pass it. Paying for enforcing it? That's another. Texas doesn't even pay to upgrade there power grid. I bet they'll be singing a different tune when they see what its going to cost to enforce this
Very great point. The history is always fascinating. People tend to forget that the 18th and 19th amendments are fairly tied together. Women were a large factor in pushing Prohibition on the country. Both amendments were proposed in 1917 to then ratification by the states in 1919. My grandfather called 1919 the darkest year of his life because of both.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Racially
Very great point. The history is always fascinating. People tend to forget that the 18th and 19th amendments are fairly tied together. Women were a large factor in pushing Prohibition on the country. Both amendments were proposed in 1917 to then ratification by the states in 1919. My grandfather called 1919 the darkest year of his life because of both.
The 19th amendment must have been a grievous blow to him. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis