Go republicans! Let's restrict womens bodies again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Maybe they want to watch. :cool:
Or they just want to obtusely repeat "abstinence works" over and over and over while simultaneously refusing to acknowledge the fact that preaching it is an abject failure...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
When 192 GOP members of congress vote against funding to address the baby formula shortage, you know they're not "pro life", just "pro birth".

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
When 192 GOP members of congress vote against funding to address the baby formula shortage, you know they're not "pro life", just "pro birth".
Wasn't it drumphy behind the new NAFTA rules where Canadians are not being able to easily supply such particularly?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Did they really? I didn't hear that, doesn't surprise me though.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
They're busy ranting about some furrin' babies got the formula instead of good ol' murrican babies.....or something like that.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Yup, GOP did and blamed Biden, of course, for any and all problems. I recall it was a small sum, like $28 million or so.
Sad, truly sad as someone that is dealing with this issue first hand. We have a 4 month old and we are scrambling for formula. We actually found a bit on Amazon but don't be here for a while. May 29th for some, June 7 for some more. Hopefully those dates hold. .

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
The first bill passed which was "pro life". The second bill, HR 7790 was for $28 million in additional funding for the FDA, which already has a $6 billion budget for "additional salaries and expenses". So it was "pro FDA".

The FDA doesn't make baby formula. The same FDA that didn't return the Abbot factory's calls for reopening for weeks after it was cleared. The same FDA that saw this coming for months.

The media use emotion instead of facts and logic while family's struggle to find baby formula in a first world country.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The first bill passed which was "pro life". The second bill, HR 7790 was for $28 million in additional funding for the FDA, which already has a $6 billion budget for "additional salaries and expenses". So it was "pro FDA".

The FDA doesn't make baby formula. The same FDA that didn't return the Abbot factory's calls for reopening for weeks after it was cleared. The same FDA that saw this coming for months.

The media use emotion instead of facts and logic while family's struggle to find baby formula in a first world country.
The FDA definitely screwed the pooch but it's still Biden's baby, pardon the pun.

Your last sentence says far too much- they need to report, not agitate.

highfigh

highfigh

They're busy ranting about some furrin' babies got the formula instead of good ol' murrican babies.....or something like that.
As soon as Abbot was shut down, they should have been looking for alternatives, but they didn't.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
As soon as Abbot was shut down, they should have been looking for alternatives, but they didn't.
It's says much when a country that produces @25% of the world GDP has only 4 or 5 companies making baby formula.

highfigh

highfigh

It's says much when a country that produces @25% of the world GDP has only 4 or 5 companies making baby formula.
Well,. if someone wants to come up with a better/as good alternative without costing as much, let them. Apparently, they make so much on this stuff that it was shoplifted on a daily basis before this shutdown.

highfigh

highfigh

Who are “they”?
Sorry, 'they' are those who might/should have seen a problem with inadequate supply.

And now, the US government is looking to Nestle for this, when it's well-known that it has been seen as an unethical company for decades.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry, 'they' are those who might/should have seen a problem with inadequate supply.

And now, the US government is looking to Nestle for this, when it's well-known that it has been seen as an unethical company for decades.
Sadly, lack of redundancy is very common in all parts of our society. Fixing that will probably be expensive and in some cases not easy to do for economical, technical or political reasons.

@Dan (a radiologist) posted yesterday in the Corona thread that contrast fluid used for X-ray will be hard to come by as it is mainly produced in Shanghai that is under lockdown, and that probably will cause many preventable deaths.

The government could mandate redundancy but you can guess who will oppose that.

Edit: The link to Dan’s post

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Baby formula shortage: House passes $28 million in emergency funding to address issue - CNNPolitics
The emergency funding would be used to increase the number of FDA inspection staff, provide resources for personnel working on formula issues, help the agency stop fraudulent baby formula from entering the US marketplace, and improve data collection on the formula market, according to a release from the House Appropriations Committee.
Whether the FDA and/or the administration were slow in addressing the issue is beside the point right now.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Unethical is putting it lightly.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
We love monopolies here. HUGE fans.

I know that when I buy products I want one choice only. Lots of incentive to innovate when you have no competition.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
We love monopolies here. HUGE fans.

I know that when I buy products I want one choice only. Lots of incentive to innovate when you have no competition.
If certain members of the US government ran the AV industry we would have only one company. It would probably be called ONKYO.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Whether the FDA and/or the administration were slow in addressing the issue is beside the point right now.
The FDA does not make any product. You may be right about now. The long run depends on how efficiently the governement manages or solves this issue amoung many others until November,. Then it will be a big point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis