Go republicans! Let's restrict womens bodies again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I almost spit out my coffee! Lolol

Hey, at least I didn't want him to demonstrate the opposite... :p

To be clear tho, I mean demonstrate to me that preaching it works, not the actual act, lol.
You should not drink while reading and posting online. Dangerous.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

You'd be that one person people are worried about when they say letting "the gays get married and the next thing you know people will be marrying dogs and goats," meanwhile Dan will be picking which speaker to marry based on the size and number of ports.
Yes, why not.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I almost spit out my coffee! Lolol

Hey, at least I didn't want him to demonstrate the opposite... :p

To be clear tho, I mean demonstrate to me that preaching it works, not the actual act, lol.
Ah yes, that is what the priests and some cult ministers tried to do. While they were preaching abstinence they sexually abused children!

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ah yes, that is what the priests and some cult ministers tried to do. While they were preaching abstinence they sexually abused children!
Largely a perverted group from the beginnings....but not the perversions they have their flock believe in particularly.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Religion always wanted to control people. It has no f*cking business in people's sex activities.
It is funny how they want to increase their religious population, but they don't want such activity that would increase population unless under certain conditions only, marriage. And now how few children they produce.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Anyone know the extent of the new laws? I heard it was reducing it from 24 to 15 weeks but not sure. Seems extending it into contraception would be political suicide. Add rape/mother's health to that also. I doubt there will be much overreach if they want to win mid terms.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone know the extent of the new laws? I heard it was reducing it from 24 to 15 weeks but not sure. Seems extending it into contraception would be political suicide. Add rape/mother's health to that also. I doubt there will be much overreach if they want to win mid terms.
One state I saw was 6 weeks which is effectively a total ban. There will be states that criminalize it for the woman. Don't be completely surprised if some forms of contraception aren't banned also in some of these whacked out states.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
No, that HAS NOT been your point- you have always posted that it doesn't work. Again, abstinence works, preaching it doesn't.

Abstain- it's a verb. If someone abstains, pregnancy won't result. Abstinence is a concept. The recommendation doesn't work well but practicing it does.

Let's drop it.
Abstinence is an unrealistic concept given today's media environment where sexuality is the driving means to advertising.

Let's face it, sex is a normal activity for any species yet it's only humans who try to control it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Abstinence is an unrealistic concept given today's media environment where sexuality is the driving means to advertising.

Let's face it, sex is a normal activity for any species yet it's only humans who try to control it.
Too many people on this earth are way too concerned about who other people are or aren't having sex with. It's insane.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
With a few exceptions it's more in this country than most other places.
True. Whenever people bring up stuff like this I just remind them of the Hank Williams lyric "If you mind your business then you won't be minding mine".

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's an interesting verse.

“If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely[a] but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise."

[a] *Or miscarriage"

If a man strikes a pregnant woman and causes a premature miscarriage but there is no harm then he shall be fined. If the woman is harmed or killed then he is to be punished eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, life for a life, etc., etc.. it's not life for a life for the fetus because it is not considered a life. There are more, such as the verse about life beginning with first drawn breath but that one stuck out to me.

And let's not gloss over that it seems like the Bible considers striking a woman and causing her to miscarry is apparently trivial unless she's seriously injured. A fine? Really??

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
At best I think you can make the case for state rights and consent, but I'm a bit alarmed by exemptions like mother's health but nothing mentioned about rape. Hopefully it just wasn't mentioned because that's pretty darn stone ages stuff. Like if she wanted to keep after being raped, but that she has to is jnsane. I remember my grandmother's defense on that once. I was thinking Well what if she doesn't want to keep it? I believe that was the TX governor who said they're working dilligently to prevent rape, but again its backwards. My other concern is restricting travel to other states. That comes across to me as authoritarian/totalitarian/statism.

Edit: Ben Carson in 2016 said he didn't believe in abortion on cases of rape. I thought WTF!!! Sadly it reminded me that black men gained the right to vote before women.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
At best I think you can make the case for state rights and consent, but I'm a bit alarmed by exemptions like mother's health but nothing mentioned about rape. Hopefully it just wasn't mentioned because that's pretty darn stone ages stuff. Like if she wanted to keep after being raped, but that she has to is jnsane. I remember my grandmother's defense on that once. I was thinking Well what if she doesn't want to keep it? I believe that was the TX governor who said they're working dilligently to prevent rape, but again its backwards. My other concern is restricting travel to other states. That comes across to me as authoritarian/totalitarian/statism.

Edit: Ben Carson in 2016 said he didn't believe in abortion on cases of rape. I thought WTF!!! Sadly it reminded me that black men gained the right to vote before women.
States' are not the arbiters of rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis