Ginger or Mary Ann?

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Mrs. Howell.......tanned, in the buff, under the coconut trees, who needs Maryann.
Since we've now gone waaaaaay beyond the scope of the initial parameters, I shudder to think some would elect some of the other castaways to take as their own. :eek:

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :p;)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I bet Mrs Howell was a fine looking women circa 1922. That's a fair contest considering that the choice is between Ginger and Mary-Ann circa 1964.

Oh, Mary-Ann, btw.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I bet Mrs Howell was a fine looking women circa 1922. That's a fair contest considering that the choice is between Ginger and Mary-Ann circa 1964.

Oh, Mary-Ann, btw.
All kidding aside, I saw an old 40's B&W movie with Natalie Schafer and she was a beautiful woman, much more than Ginger or Maryann.

This photo doesn't do her justice though.

Attachments

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
That's the only picture of Natalie Schafer I could find, also. But in that photo, she would be in her mid-40's and still looking just fine. I wished I could have found a photo of her in her 20's. I think we'd have a winner.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
That's the only picture of Natalie Schafer I could find, also. But in that photo, she would be in her mid-40's and still looking just fine. I wished I could have found a photo of her in her 20's. I think we'd have a winner.
Hey Dave,

Yeah it's a shame, I tried to find some earlier photos, but I couldn't. I think her first movie was in '42. She's much more attractive than Ginger or Maryann.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
I seem to remember an article once about the seven castaways representing the seven deadly sins Gilligan (sloth), Mr. Howell (greed), I think Mary Ann was envy.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I seem to remember an article once about the seven castaways representing the seven deadly sins Gilligan (sloth), Mr. Howell (greed), I think Mary Ann was envy.
I've heard that, but I don't think the Professor fits the scheme. He would have to be wrath, but he's too nice a guy for that.

Lust - Ginger
Gluttony - Captain
Greed -Mr. Howell
Sloth - Gilligan
Envy - Marianne
Pride - Mrs. Howell
Wrath - Professor???

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I've heard that, but I don't think the Professor fits the scheme. He would have to be wrath, but he's too nice a guy for that.

Lust - Ginger
Gluttony - Captain
Greed -Mr. Howell
Sloth - Gilligan
Envy - Marianne
Pride - Mrs. Howell
Wrath - Professor???
...I'm fresh in from the battle front, and need a good break. We've suffered many casualties. Good to see that the Mary-Anne/Ginger topic is still going strong. Dave I have to agree, I think the Professor is too nice of a guy to label him with "Wrath". Perhaps the storm itself was "Wrath"? :D

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
All kidding aside, I saw an old 40's B&W movie with Natalie Schafer and she was a beautiful woman, much more than Ginger or Maryann.

This photo doesn't do her justice though.
When I was young and heard discussions of the subject, it was always a choice between Ginger and Mary Ann. Probably, this was because it was based upon how they looked in Gilligan's Island, not how they looked before.

As I recall, most people I encountered at the time seemed to prefer Ginger, and, dare I say it, the more "geeky" types tended to prefer Mary Ann (never mind what that might say about most of us, myself included—commenting on that might break some forum rule or other).

Anyway, the picture you provide does throw things in a somewhat different light. Natalie Schafer does seem to have been very attractive.

109rder

Audiophyte
Mary Ann by far. She is (or was, judging from the photo) the "sleeper hottie". She didn't get all the attention that Ginger did, so she would have compensated by truely rocking in the sack. Thats the way it is in my imagination.

J

jet engine joe

Audiophyte
How disappointing! From the title of the thread, I thought this would be a fun, mindless, escapist thread about whether Ginger or Mary Ann is preferred. So I will now attempt to hijack the thread and divert it to fit with its title.

Well, I have not seen Gilligan's Island in probably more than 30 years, so my opinion should carry extra weight ;); as I recall, I preferred Mary Ann. But the beauty of the question is, there is no wrong answer.
I always thought that ginger was more down to earth and very S E X Y!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis