Ghost Marks on Projected Image

drumace

drumace

Audioholic Intern
Hello friends,
I've encountered a strange issue while projecting on my screen - ghost marks.
The projector is Panasonic PT-AE8000 and the screen is Silver Ticket tension screen.
Please look at the attached pictures taken near the screen and let me know if this means the projector has an issue that requires a fix.
I've also added a picture of the lens. As you can see, there are some dots that won't remove with a cleaning liquid.
Please advise.

Thanks!

IMG_0898.jpg
IMG_0902.jpgIMG_0718.jpg

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Is this something new? I would suppose so. Are those dots visible when the projector is off? Shine a flashlight on there and see if you can see.

Any image with a video input? A different input?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The dots look a lot like pixel structure. I see a fading in a couple areas around the image, and if this is predominantly an issue only on blue, then I would expect it to be an issue with the blue polarizer internal to the projector, which is (basically) a fatal issue.

The stuff on the lens shouldn't have any impact.

Is the issue across all colors? If you put up red or green, is the shadowing exactly the same and in the same position?

This is a new one on me really as it does look like panel degradation, but it isn't presenting itself in a typical way as far as I can tell.

drumace

drumace

Audioholic Intern
Not something new as far as I remember. Just decided to check if it's an issue or an acceptable thing (like few dead pixels in TVs).
These marks are not visible in normal video input as they probably blend into the image.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I would worry when the picture is visibly degrading.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis