getting Yamaha receiver, optoma projector and google tv or roku ultra to play nice

R

robjamell

Audiophyte
I replaced my rx-v6 with an rx-a4a. Previously when I would power off my rx-v6, my receiver would go into standby and my projector would say that there was no source found and it will shut off. Pushing the power button again, would turn the receiver and projector on. This worked great.

With the rx-a4a, I cannot seem to get this to occur. When I turn off the receiver, it turns back on in about 10 seconds later.

I also tried different settings on my projector. I then tried using the roku or google remote to trigger all devices on and off. No luck.

I am hoping that someone who has gone through this can tell me what combination of settings to use. I feel as though I tried so many, that I am completely lost.

Thanks in advance.

C

CharlesJones166

Audioholic Intern
It sounds like the HDMI Control settings on your new RX-A4A may not be properly configured to allow for the desired behavior you're looking for.

First, make sure that the HDMI Control feature is turned on in the receiver's settings. This will enable the receiver to send signals to other devices over HDMI.

Next, check the HDMI Control settings for each device that is connected to your system. Make sure that the "Standby Through" or "Control for HDMI" feature is turned on for each device, which allows the receiver to control the power state of the connected devices.

If the issue still persists, try disabling any unnecessary HDMI Control features on your devices, as having too many settings enabled can sometimes cause conflicts.

Finally, if none of these solutions work, try resetting the HDMI Control settings on all of your devices to their default values, and then reconfigure them from scratch.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get the desired behavior from your system.

R

robjamell

Audiophyte
Thanks. I will give this a shot. Is any of this also determined by eARC settings or can I ignore anything regarding eARC or ARC?

I say this because I read the below on whathifi.com

On paper, HDMI eARC also makes the handshake between compatible devices much smoother and negates the need to activate HDMI CEC (which doesn’t always work properly) - so operating multiple products shouldn’t require any extra steps to get things up and running.

As is the case with ARC, you’ll need two devices with compatible HDMI eARC sockets for the protocol to work. While a device doesn't specifically have to be HDMI 2.1-certified, HDMI 2.1 certification does just about guarantee eARC support.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
While eARC does not require the activation of HDMI-CEC at the receiver end for audio return, many TVs require it to be on and many will turn it on automatically when using the ARC/eARC port. There is no real standard for its implementation. But, for device control, it must be on in all of the devices in the system.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis