Getting the most out of my Onkyo TX-RZ630

B

BIGBREW

Audiophyte
Posted a question last week about finding a receiver that would work multiple zones. For some good advise on this forum thank you.

Picked up a Onkyo TX-RZ630 blemish of Crutchfield for $350 (can't find any blemish) now my question is how do I get the most out of my receiver. I'll be powering 6 ceiling speakers in my living room and two out on our deck. We plug an Alexa into our receiver now to play music. I see it's wifi capable, should I hard write it or just use Wi-Fi? What other tricks are out there? It's been a while since I did any home audio stuff. I connect my TV to my receiver now with an optical audio cable. Use an app on the for our cable carrier (Spectrum) and I connect the DVD player to the TV with an HDMI cable.

Thank you in advance for your help, it's much appreciated. Hope everyone is doing well in this crazy time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just use wifi myself, hardwiring would be a pain in my situation. Many do prefer hardwiring, tho. Why not connect the dvd player to the avr? If your tv is capable, you might be able to use HDMI ARC for the tv instead of optical but sometimes that causes issues, and in your speaker setup would offer no advantage for audio.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Return AVR to Crutchfield they have a 60 return Policy best return policy for ordering over the internet. Very good Customer service. Than buy Yamaha AVR , most Most reliable, good Customer service department for in Warranty and out of Warranty.

B

BIGBREW

Audiophyte
The receiver is in perfect shape. They said it was a blemish (saved some money I'm cool with it) just want to get the best options out of it I can.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis