Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
We sure are. Yesterday, the Godfather of Soul. Today, the guy who, er, took over from Nixon.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
He was also on the Warren Commission for you JFK conspiracy buffs.;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Geno said:
James Brown was on the Warren Commission?:eek:

How did you know this? This is not known at all. :p Maybe that is why all the conspiracy stuff:D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Geno said:
James Brown was on the Warren Commission?:eek:

Yup, he sang back up for the Godfather of Soul. (While investigating the Kennedy assasination)

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
I'm too young to remember what his presidency was like. But I do admire Ford for one thing, he had the guts to pardon Nixon. It's rare to find a politician who's willing to sacrifice his political career because of personal loyalty to an old friend/boss.

And even though I don't know for a fact if James Brown was indeed on the Warren commission, I do know for a fact that it was a REAL alien spacecraft that crash landed in Rosewell... because it said so in that TV series...

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
furrycute said:
I'm too young to remember what his presidency was like. But I do admire Ford for one thing, he had the guts to pardon Nixon. It's rare to find a politician who's willing to sacrifice his political career because of personal loyalty to an old friend/boss.

And even though I don't know for a fact if James Brown was indeed on the Warren commission, I do know for a fact that it was a REAL alien spacecraft that crash landed in Rosewell... because it said so in that TV series...

Ford was on the Warren Commission, James Brown was the pilot of the ufo that crash landed in Roswell:D

P

palmharbor

Junior Audioholic
Guts?

Would you say Bush has "guts" if he gives a pardon to the Skilling of Enron, or Abramoff or the 4 Republican congressman now in the joint?

What I gleen from the Ford funeral is that the same damn guys who were in power then are still in power...Chaney, Kissinger
et al. My God Kissinger is now on his 29th year. There should be a manditory retirement age for anyone working in government at 65 years old. They cannot be advisors,
lobyists, cabinet officers etc. Or a law, once out never back...period. This is why we keep making the same mistakes..cause the same people are in office for 30 years.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Actually, when I said that thing about having guts, I was thinking more of an analogy with Gore and Clinton. I always wondered if Clinton had been impeached, would Gore have had the "guts" to pardon Clinton?

Anyways, back to reality. I don't think any of those Enron guys should ever be pardoned.

As to Kissinger, what's he up to lately?:confused:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
furrycute said:
Actually, when I said that thing about having guts, I was thinking more of an analogy with Gore and Clinton. I always wondered if Clinton had been impeached, would Gore have had the "guts" to pardon Clinton?

Anyways, back to reality. I don't think any of those Enron guys should ever be pardoned.

As to Kissinger, what's he up to lately?:confused:
I don't think any of them got a pardon (Enron), say as in a presidential pardon, Watergate and Enron are on different sides of the criminal spectrum. As for Kissinger, I didn't care for his style of management, he followed the "Old Europe" style of "Politik" thought: pragmatic, he might have flown under a Republican moniker, but in reality the man is an Internationalist. He's involved in a think tank, he does not write legislation.

T

tbewick

Senior Audioholic
palmharbor said:
What I gleen from the Ford funeral is that the same damn guys who were in power then are still in power...Chaney, Kissinger
et al. My God Kissinger is now on his 29th year. There should be a manditory retirement age for anyone working in government at 65 years old. They cannot be advisors,
lobyists, cabinet officers etc. Or a law, once out never back...period. This is why we keep making the same mistakes..cause the same people are in office for 30 years.
I think Henry Kissinger was brought in fairly recently by President Bush, in order to get some new thoughts on Iraq. As I understand it, it was the neoconservative elements who were the strongest supporters of the Iraq invasion. Their idea, to have a stable democracy in the middle-East, was very ambitious, and seems rather incongruous with the typical view of Kissinger, of him being a very pragmatic thinker.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
At the Paris Peace Accords, you could say Kissinger had a "cut and run" agenda on how Vietnam was to be finished. In my opinion he doesn't stand for conservative values. Like I said before he is an internationalist and he subscribes to that philosophy. People were brought in(the Iraq "study" group) that really shouldn't have been. Baker, et al are of the pragmatic camp.

Barring your feelings on the war, Baker, who was involved in the first round along with Bush Sr. wouldn't have been my choice to send to Iraq to get an unbiased opinion.
If they would have done the job correctly the first time we wouldn't be there today.

Our armed forces are asked to do a mission with their hands tied behind their backs. If you're going to war, go to war with all assets and pull no punches. Get in do the mission and get out. Forget what the world community says, no matter what at the end they still will hate us. For one reason: envy. Our imperfect system has produced the best country in the world, like or not, at least you can disagree with the government and not be killed for it. Enough of my rant.

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
stratman said:
Forget what the world community says, no matter what at the end they still will hate us. For one reason: envy.
The world community? That's a fair amount of folk you've just tarred with your brush Stratman.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry Mr. B., I was just rantin' and ravin'....no harm intended, especially to the good folks in your neck of the woods!;)

Also I'm really sick of all the USA bashing. Especially with this Saddam thing, if someone hates the prez fine, but it usually is: the US this or the US that....We The People are the US.

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
stratman said:
Sorry Mr. B., I was just rantin' and ravin'....no harm intended, especially to the good folks in your neck of the woods!...I'm really sick of all the USA bashing. Especially with this Saddam thing, if someone hates the prez fine, but it usually is: the US this or the US that....We The People are the US.
I was going to send you a PM, but as I've got that blasted "Awaiting Registration Conf" under my name I can't, so I'll just speak publicly as it were.

I'd like to say 'no offence' as I'm not really incensed about the sentence I previously quoted, but given that I did quote it I guess I am offended to some degree. No offence. :p

I understand your frustration at folk bashing America - though I doubt I fully appreciate it - but consider that you yourself just did the exact thing that in essence you complained about; tarred everyone with the same brush!

Finally, whilst I like to think that you and I have a good laugh together, I don't think it's right to make exceptions - "especially" from the quote above - just because you like someone (I'm meaning me here :D). Either we're all as bad as each other or we aren't.

Peace? :eek:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Peace:D

I'm hoping to maket it to Scotland sometime late this year or early 08.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
stratman said:
Our armed forces are asked to do a mission with their hands tied behind their backs. If you're going to war, go to war with all assets and pull no punches. Get in do the mission and get out. Forget what the world community says, no matter what at the end they still will hate us. For one reason: envy. Our imperfect system has produced the best country in the world, like or not, at least you can disagree with the government and not be killed for it. Enough of my rant.

Call me the pragmatist/conspiracy theorist, but I rather think a civil war in Iraq would help us consolidate our control over Iraq. We are finally learning some lessons from the good old British Empire.

And as to that "envy" part. No, I don't think people of the rest of the world "envies" or "hates" us for our "perfect" political system. But they do envy us for our disproportionate consumption of the world's natural resources.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
furrycute said:
Call me the pragmatist/conspiracy theorist, but I rather think a civil war in Iraq would help us consolidate our control over Iraq. We are finally learning some lessons from the good old British Empire.

And as to that "envy" part. No, I don't think people of the rest of the world "envies" or "hates" us for our "perfect" political system. But they do envy us for our disproportionate consumption of the world's natural resources.
Hello Mr. F,

I don't believe the average third worlder isn't envious about our consumption of oil, but I'll tell you what, the left in this country loves to make us think so, hey after all we're the ugly Americans, gluttons, uncaring, selfish. The only country I know where people risk life and limb to get into is here. Name one country who has extended a friendly arm to so many in the world, who has liberated and rebuilt countries after wars. Who has put more food into people's mouths, who has supported governments that put on a friendly face for our hard earned dollars and they turn around and stab us in the back. And I'll tell you what as for oil consumption give India and China five years, and that dead horse of a story will be changing.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis