Geohot Leaves the U.S.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Air Force has 1700+ PS3's for supercomputing and just to clarify Sony's crazy not stupid, taking on a hacker no problem taking on the U.S. Air Force = Suicide.

E

Entity

Audioholic Intern
What do your examples have to do with hacking the PS3?

Being able to install Linux was a feature included with the PS3 until people like Geohot abused it and used it to break the PS3 security. Sony disabled it because of the hacks.

Sony worked with many people on helping them create cell computing clusters...even went so far as to donate PS3's to accomplish it. Again..this ability was disabled after retards like Geohot abused the other OS feature.

Seti? Really? That's really a claim to fame for hacking a PS3? Reaching a little now aren't we? I don't know anything about the PS3 folding projects as I only do it on PC's but I doubt it was any sort of result of jailbreaking.

All you named in that list were abilities REMOVED because of the hacking. So again...I'm still waiting for that list of benefits that were provided by Geohots jailbreaking of the PS3 security.

E

Entity

Audioholic Intern
Air Force has 1700+ PS3's for supercomputing and just to clarify Sony's crazy not stupid, taking on a hacker no problem taking on the U.S. Air Force = Suicide.
Sony had nothing against the clusters...they helped make them. Why would they go after the Air Force?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Sony had nothing against the clusters...they helped make them. Why would they go after the Air Force?
What don't you get about the word hacktivism? Stop narrowing down to such minutia.

This is off course enough to merit it's own thread.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I have never come across an article or any documentation that states that Sony helped the Air Force set-up or create the clusters if you have a link I would be interested in reading that to further my knowledge. I should have been more clear here if the Air Force implemented such measures as Geohotz to restore the OS if they lost it by accidental firmware update or if the unit was sent in for repairs and Sony took upon themselves to update, I'm 99% sure that Sony wouldn't even think about bringing legal action against them.

E

Entity

Audioholic Intern
What don't you get about the word hacktivism? Stop narrowing down to such minutia.

This is off course enough to merit it's own thread.
I asked for some of your claimed benefits to the hacking of the PS3, and your "benefits" list was flat out wrong. What don't you get about that? Stop using completely false statements in an attempt to back up jailbreaking security. It's the internet...people might actually believe your false claims without actually spending 2 minutes on google and checking into them.

This entire thread has been about the topic of Geohot and the PS3. Every time your claims are rebutted you attempt to backpedal up into a completely different topic (iPhones).

It's not the people who "are swallowing Sony's machinations" that "let me know we are truly forked." It's the ones who continue to make assumptions and believe that their way of thinking is the only way a country should be run that is what's really wrong.

I have never come across an article or any documentation that states that Sony helped the Air Force set
I said they helped make PS3 clusters, by providing Dr. Gaurav Khanna with his initial PS3's to start making the clusters, which he then turned into an 8 PS3 cluster and eventually a 16. As they were donating machines to help someone form clusters, it's obvious they didn't have anything against them.

This entire thread has not brought forth a single piece of evidence of any benefits of the jailbreaking of the PS3. The PS3 was working as intended until the "hackers" started screwing it up for the rest of us.

jinjuku

jinjuku

This entire thread has not brought forth a single piece of evidence of any benefits of the jailbreaking of the PS3. The PS3 was working as intended until the "hackers" started screwing it up for the rest of us.
You're out of your mind. Back up of games being a ready answer.

WOW, just WOW.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I asked for some of your claimed benefits to the hacking of the PS3,
I said H A C K T I V I S I M. If you were gaming on a Tandy 1000 you should know the origins and context of the term 'hack'. You have such a negative connotation of if that it is not allowing you to have a larger context to the thread.

Fine, your experience with the PS3 is ruined... Is the PSN currently compromised or not? That is has Sony done what they needed to do and protect their eco system.

I remember a time when you didn't need to rely on a Manufacturers portal to have LAN / WAN gaming. Stuff is bundled to tightly due to $$. Again I really think you are missing the long view on this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis