Gene's Hometheater & Stereo set up

R

Ron Bates

Enthusiast
I would like to know specifically how Gene D. set up his listening / Home theater room to accommodate 2 channel and home theater. Is this info listed anywhere on the Audioholics site? Please list equipment and how it is connected & cables used. I plan to set up a room with stereo and home theater function.
please advise, Thanks Ron

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
I’ve seen his setup through his videos you can watch them to gain an idea.

I too have my setup arranged to accommodate 2 ch and 5.1 HT.

Usually 2 ch is less forgiving of speaker placement where as HT attempts to utilize some or a lot of boundary gain depending on preference.

If you prefer your speaker to sound natural especially during music listening your going to find corner loading a bad idea yet if your trying for a blended HT setup as well try to reduce the distance from boundaries until your satisfied with the best of both worlds.

It’s not hard it just takes listening for plenty of hours and trying new positions or moving your main seat slightly closer or further away.

Acoustic Fields has some guidelines that offer setup flexibility to give you a great start. I found the information quite useful and simple to apply!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I would like to know specifically how Gene D. set up his listening / Home theater room to accommodate 2 channel and home theater. Is this info listed anywhere on the Audioholics site? Please list equipment and how it is connected & cables used. I plan to set up a room with stereo and home theater function.
please advise, Thanks Ron
thanks for your interest. This article and related YT video give an idea of my setup:
https://www.audioholics.com/reference-systems/audioholics-showcase-home

Youthman also recently did a video on my setup here:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis