Gaming/Music headphones

jcrowde3

jcrowde3

Junior Audioholic
I went to Electronic Express last night to look for some headphones for gaming and music when the wife can't take every gun shot shaking the house. They recommended these Alienware headphones. I saw the box said 20hz-20khz +/- 3db so I almost bought them, but since I couldn't listen to them I decided to do some more research. Was on Best buy earlier that day, but a lot of their floor models of gaming headsets and music headsets were 500 buck, out of my budget of around 200. Have anyone used these Alienware headphones? Does anyone have any other recommendations?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I am not personally familiar with the Game Zero model mentioned above, but I have a bit too many Sennheiser headphones, and none of them bad. I mean seriously from HD201 to HD600/PCX550 - they all great phones at their prices.
Some reviews will point out some of the budget models clamping force too hard - these will loosen up with time.
I Had the same issue with HD558.
On the other hand open-back headphones, while providing typically higher fidelity, they also bad at sound insulation. For that, you should look at closed-back models.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would avoid any headphone marketed as gaming headphones especially Alienware, Razer and so on.. You don't state if you need a mic or not? If integrated mic is a must Game Zero is one of the best options. If not then some closed can headphones would fit best as you don't want too much sound leaking out to annoy your wife. Beyerdynamic DT770 is quite common pick but there are many other as well. If you are ok with open back then there are more options.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis