STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I need advice on Xbox360 gaming headsets for my son. He's twelve and doesn't much care as long as they work...but I do!:) I've looked around a little but being an Audioholic I don't trust what I'm reading.

Can I get a decent set for $50? If it works for the PS3 that would be a plus but not really necessary.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
I have a Turtle Beach (X40 I think) headset. Wireless and Dolby surround, over the ear and mic'd. I paid about $200 for it around 2 years ago. I think anything at your price point will probably be wired and lack dolby, but they should have the same comfort as mine, which is the most important part for hours of gaming.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Astro Gaming

I have a pair of Astro Gaming A30's, which are incredible. I know they are not in the $50 range, more like $250 range but wow. The players at the big tournaments wear these and the detail is incredible. Surround effects are also out of this world, for a headset. I compared them to all others (turtle beach, triton) and while they were good these just jumped out at me. Here is link.

Gaming Headset, Gaming Headphones | Astro Gaming Headsets

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The Sony MDR-V6 ones from the deals thread just came in yesterday and I like 'em. Not sure if they're any good for gaming but I liked listening to music on them last night. I don't know how much better you're gonna do for 50-70 bucks but good luck. :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The Sony MDR-V6 ones from the deals thread just came in yesterday and I like 'em. Not sure if they're any good for gaming but I liked listening to music on them last night. I don't know how much better you're gonna do for 50-70 bucks but good luck. :)

Not just headphones...they need to communicate.

96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
The Best Buy near me has a demo station of the Turtle Beach headphones.

BTW, to give you some insight on how the gaming headphones VS regular cans;

You connect an external transmitter to the gaming system via S/PIDF to keep the surround effects. My transmitter is powered via USB from the gaming system, which also carries the voice transmission signal to and from the headphones (You still have to connect to the the controller, that's why the headphones are proprietary to either PS3 or Xbox), to and from other gamers online. The volume is also separate from the game sounds.
Also, I run my S/PIDF from the Xbox, to my receiver, then to the transmitter (2 cables). With that setup I can use the headphones for also listening to music or television if I wish. It also has optional analog inputs/outputs.

Eldari

Eldari

Audiophyte
Gamecon

Plantronics gamecon headsets are the only kind that sound and feel great to me

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't read a single word of this thread- just the title, and rules are rules, Doug... No helmets allowed during official Twister matches.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis