Gaming headphones recomm

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I'm asking this for my nephew. What my first instinct was, was to find a reputable hifi company that makes gaming headphones. I found some from AKG and from Sennheiser and then I read some average reviews saying these are far from favourite among gamers and not all that special.

Does anyone here have any recommendations? Up to 120$, over ear, perhaps something that boasts with better 3D impressions.

My nephew asked what I think about some model that has “<3% THD” – taken from their manual. This really doesn’t seem like something to brag about. Perhaps I don’t know much about gaming earphones.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
For that budget I'd look at the offerings from some one like Turtle Beach or the PlayStation branded headphones.

I haven't used either, but know a few people that enjoy them.

For wireless and/or higher end stuff Astro makes gaming headphones, though I'd go with some Senny's and call it good.

allfred

allfred

Enthusiast
Sticking to your budget, the Cooler Master MH751 will be a good buy with build-in mic.

The SHP9500 is well describing here, and I'm sure shipping time is much shorter than the PC37X.

I wouldn't touch the Sony MDR-1A for gaming, really small sound stage and not even that great for music at that price.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis