GameStop Selling Supercharged PS3

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
GameStop has started selling a "Supercharged" version of the PS3 which is nothing more than a refurb with some extras included and here is a list of what you get:

* Premium Refurbished PS3 Slim Gaming System with latest* software update.

* 500 GB Western Digital Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (Model WD5000BPVT) Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD5000BPVT 500GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive.

* Media Hub with Remote Control- Expands the available USB ports on the PS3 from 2 to 4 ports. Has an integrated SD Card and MS Card reader and controls the PS3 Blu-Ray player and basic media functions remotely with a remote control that is easy to use.

* Charging Stand- A multi-purpose charging stand that can be used to support the PS3 in a vertical position to save space and to charge 2 game controllers.

* HDMI High Speed Cable- A 6 foot HDMI high speed cable included.

* Custom PS3 SuperCharged Skin.

* Included 1 Year limited warranty at no extra charge.

You'll get all this for the low,low price of $399.99:rolleyes:

Source: Gamestop

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
What a joke. I can't stand gamestop. I can probably count the number of games I've purchased from there on one hand.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You could buy all the stuff included for the same price or less. :rolleyes: not to mention, most don't need the majority of that stuff.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought Sony was already including HDMI cables with the new slims? So these refurbs are older? I wonder if these were warranty returns to them?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
GameStop has started selling a "Supercharged" version of the PS3 which is nothing more than a refurb with some extras included and here is a list of what you get:

* Premium Refurbished PS3 Slim Gaming System with latest* software update.

* 500 GB Western Digital Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (Model WD5000BPVT) Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD5000BPVT 500GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive.

* Media Hub with Remote Control- Expands the available USB ports on the PS3 from 2 to 4 ports. Has an integrated SD Card and MS Card reader and controls the PS3 Blu-Ray player and basic media functions remotely with a remote control that is easy to use.

* Charging Stand- A multi-purpose charging stand that can be used to support the PS3 in a vertical position to save space and to charge 2 game controllers.

* HDMI High Speed Cable- A 6 foot HDMI high speed cable included.

* Custom PS3 SuperCharged Skin.

* Included 1 Year limited warranty at no extra charge.

You'll get all this for the low,low price of $399.99:rolleyes:

Source: Gamestop
I love the buzz words like, "Premium Refurbished..." and "High Speed HDMI Cable".

Lame. :rolleyes:

N

Nugu

Audioholic
65$ worth of extras + 250/260$ refurb, only at gamestop.

Though, I was happy when I got my ps2-fat network/HD adapter a few months ago for only 15$.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
GameStop using this setup to lure those that don't know any better. If I were to put a package together it would go like this, just off the top of my head.

6ft HDMI cable from Monoprice $3.28 S&H 2.92 (for Chicago) total= $6.20

Seagate Momentus 5400.6 ST9500325AS 500GB from Newegg $54.99 S&H 0.99

SONY Blu-Ray Disc Remote Control for PlayStation 3 from Newegg $19.82 S&H Free

New PS3 160GB Slim from Newegg $299.99 S&H Free

total $381.99

The other stuff they are offering is unnecessary you could also do away with the remote from my list as well but it was included for those who may like to have this.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There was a time where most places were including the BD remote; back when it was more commonly being sold as a dedicated BD player. I have a Momentus 7200rpm 500g drive laying around that I may swap into my old 60G. I have actually not used my BD remote in over a year. I have only tested a few discs here and there since getting my Oppo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis