Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
If he mixes and matches the impedance leves correctly then there's nothing wrong with running multiple speakers from the same output.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Uhhhh, wait a second I have to go check my connections . . . . .

That was definitely enought to crack me up!!

Thanks for the entertainment, buckeye.

K

Kurt C.

Audioholic Intern
That is funny. Poor guy probably wondered why his surrounds sounded so crappy. I wonder if he had the clothes dryer and his christmas tree plugged into the switchable outlet of the receiver?

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Francious70 said:
If he mixes and matches the impedance leves correctly then there's nothing wrong with running multiple speakers from the same output.
Did you read that thread? Did it sound like that guy could comprehend matching impedences!!??

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL. I'm only running 10 speakers off my A and B channels, why doesn't it work? :rolleyes:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is sad really, but hey, I we can all laugh at ignorance once in a while.

We were all ignorant at one point were we not? :D

Last edited:
T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
[

We were all ignorant at one point were we not? :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was once upon a time back around '70 when I was 13. Yes, Sheep, Jax, and all you other young guys can pick at me since I'm so old I fart dust. I built a set of speaker boxes in shop class. Solid oak. Stuck 2 of those 5-1/4 inch car speakers in each of them. Wired them together and then ran the wires (several pieces of about 4-6 feet long each, mind you, twisted together with no wire nuts or tape) all around the room from the front to the speakers. It was all telephone wire. Twisted them together with the original two speakers that came with the JC Penney receiver. Talk about lucky it didn't catch on fire. What's that they say about the old stuff being built a little better than the new? That old JCP unit never cut out, never caught on fire.

As for the other thread; I like the part about using bare wires...with the white insulation.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Theres a person out there, with a RXV 1400, that doesn't deserve it. I wish sound equipment was like dogs, they come to their favorite :)

sheep

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Ouch - a guy needs help and a lot of people are kind of bashin' on him. He even tried to hire a pro who was to clueless to get things done right. Be nice if some people chipped in with ideas to set him in the right direction I think.

That post makes me cringe - not laugh.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's one reason why I don't like that particular forum. There were a few people that at least mentioned that he shouldn't be doing that. He's on the right track - he asked if an amp/amps would solve the problem. Too bad he went to the wrong place to ask the question.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis