Fully Marty to pb16 ultra

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
That's awesome. Have you checked out the REW Room Simulator? Pretty good starting point to finding the best placement with multiple subs.
Never heard of it to be honest. I’ll have to check it out

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just wanted to say that this time I actually know what a Full Marty is... :cool:

I think your plan to go with 4 sealed units is a solid one. 4 subs should give you awesome f/r through that whole room.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Apparently quite a few according to this.

I'm skeptical of this driver considering the price, but I'm willing to try. They rate it as excellent in their comparison table. I figure 4 of these in a room would be something.

If not I'll go back to the 4 ultimax sealed plan.
Guess I haven't been keeping up with marty world! Lots of variations and expansion to 21" as well (gonna have to look how big a full marty box of that is!), wow. I knew GSG was making flat packs, interesting chart they have. Wonder how they came to the conclusions they did....do they have modeling for each available? Last I paid attention it was the SI HT18D2 (and DS4 briefly?) and the Dayton UM18 :).....might be time to review further on GSG and the faq threads, thanks!

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
Well I have one box put together.. not finished but wanted to test to see if it is going to be worth it. I made it so I can put 3/4” feet on the bottom and it is just under the screen. First pic is my right only sub in full Marty. Second pic is the sealed box in the 1/4 spot of the front wall (beside the full Marty as it’s in the corner and I didn’t feel like moving it) what a difference on the graph! This was quick measure on arc genesis.. I tested a quick movie scene but didn’t go loud as it’s eq’d And boosted for the marty
4B95605A-10AD-4123-AB1B-139E4117ACB5.jpeg
8C4A3819-1902-4862-A1FC-7181F68EF252.jpeg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your photo style screenshots are lousy for looking at these graphs.

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
I ran arc genesis, 4 profiles. One sealed only, one ported only. Then I did a profile with a house curve on n the sealed and one for the ported. Tested out sealed and it was ok. Tested the house curve profile sealed sub and it sounded better, has some good bass but definitely dosnt dig as deep as the ported. Thinking of building a 2nd this weekend and test them both out properly positioned. I’m hoping by the time I get all 4 going I will get that deep deep bass back. I love deep bass from ported subs.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I ran arc genesis, 4 profiles. One sealed only, one ported only. Then I did a profile with a house curve on n the sealed and one for the ported. Tested out sealed and it was ok. Tested the house curve profile sealed sub and it sounded better, has some good bass but definitely dosnt dig as deep as the ported. Thinking of building a 2nd this weekend and test them both out properly positioned. I’m hoping by the time I get all 4 going I will get that deep deep bass back. I love deep bass from ported subs.
Might need to eq the sealed sub some....

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
Might need to eq the sealed sub some....
As in what way. Boosting low end? Low shelf? I let my arc do the corrections then added “deep bass” and room gain. It helps a lot. I just finished building my 2nd sealed box so letting it dry and tomorrow I can test both out (need a friend to come help me move those fridges out of the corners) so I may try to use rew and eq both subs then run arc afterwards to see how it does

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
As in what way. Boosting low end? Low shelf? I let my arc do the corrections then added “deep bass” and room gain. It helps a lot. I just finished building my 2nd sealed box so letting it dry and tomorrow I can test both out (need a friend to come help me move those fridges out of the corners) so I may try to use rew and eq both subs then run arc afterwards to see how it does
You need a lot of eq and power to get what is needed.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, if ARC can do the job sufficiently it may work well enough, but does eat up power too. I like your plan with the separate work on the subs eq before running REQ.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis