FS: Yamaha RX-V1600 Receiver (mint)

J

jb5200

Audioholic
I have a rx-v 1600 120 w/ch. receiver for sale b/c I decided to go with separates. I have all of the remotes, manual, box, etc. It is in really good shape - I actually only used it for 2 channel music listening and was connected to monoblock amps so I only used the preamp section and was never misused (I baby my gear).

I attached a couple pics and have a lot more if you want. The only marks other than a few finger prints is a scratch by the input dial and a scuff on the bottom left corner by the master on/off switch (see pic). I put the scuff in when I was taking it off my rack (ugh!) and it obvious doesn't affect the sound and you can only see it up close.

I will sell it cheap for $250 plus s/h. Check out my feedback on Ebay (same username), you will not be disappointed.

Thanks for looking,

Jeff

Last edited:
A

Avalon65

Enthusiast
I think I know the answer to this, but does it have HDMI? If so, what version?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I think I know the answer to this, but does it have HDMI? If so, what version?
It has 2 HDMI inputs, 1 output. The RX-V1600 is repeating with the HDMI Ver. 1.1 format. It can decode digital audio signals including MLP Lossless 5.1 on DVD-Audio, 7.1 LPCM, 2 channel PCM, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 6.1. It will convert analog video inputs to HDMI and de-interlace to 480p.

A

Avalon65

Enthusiast
I guess I was wrong. HDMI it has. When this unit first came out it packed quite a few features for an economical price. Me needs to think it over...

J

jb5200

Audioholic
Actually it is HDMI 1.2 if that matters but basically what Seth said. It is a great receiver with more features than most people need and the sound is leaps and bounds over the 3 numbered series (ex. rx-v 567 or something like that) like I mentioned. If you are looking for a great receiver even for a pre/pro I guarantee you won't find one this quality for this price.

J

jb5200

Audioholic
Oops,

I was wrong it is HDMI 1.1 like Seth had mentioned but nonetheless it still sounds amazing. This retailed for $1000 new and amazon is selling them used for $500 the last I looked.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
It can't pass 1080p and can only do 5.1 PCM via HDMI, not 7.1, but can do 7.1 PCM via analog inputs, but can apply PLIIx to any source, which still sounds excellent. It also has several THX modes which work very well, and it has pelnty of power. Aside from that, it's a fantastic receiver, I owned one before I got my RX-V1800.

J

jb5200

Audioholic
Wow, no hits on this at this price! That amazes me, I realize everyone wants all the new audio codecs, 4D, Greenray, THNX, HDMI 1.7, Room Correction Facility, Dolby Hearing Aid, etc. but you aren't going to find it at this price and without issues.

If you mostly listen to music and occasionally listen to music this is a great receiver and dirt cheap! Like I said in the ad I have original box, and all of the accessories it came with. If you want more pics (especially the back) I have them, I just couldn't put them up on here b/c they were too big!

Thanks for looking!

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
In this day and time, most people want a receier than can pass 1080p, nobody wants to be limited to 1080i/720p for video. But it is a great price for that receiver, try audiogon or ebay, you may have better luck there.

Q

q2bon2b

Enthusiast
HDMI passthrough

JB,
Does this allow HDMI passthrough which some of the newer models have? I like the ability to watch TV from HDMI sources when the receiver is in standby mode, when the situation demands it.

Q

q2bon2b

Enthusiast
no this does not have HDMI passthrough.
Glocks,
Thanks for your response. Bummer. I guess I will look at a newer model.

Any thought on a new RX765 and used emotiva XPA3 (total $780), as opposed to buying a higher model RX2065, but without the XPA3? It will be 80/20 music/HT for me, and the reverse ratio 20/80 for the rest of the family.

JB, sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread but since Glocks & Seth know Yamaha well, I thought I asked in this thread.

Thanks.

A

abharj

Audiophyte
I used to have one of these, they're fantastic, someone should pick this up

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Wow, no hits on this at this price! That amazes me, I realize everyone wants all the new audio codecs, 4D, Greenray, THNX, HDMI 1.7, Room Correction Facility, Dolby Hearing Aid, etc. but you aren't going to find it at this price and without issues.

If you mostly listen to music and occasionally listen to music this is a great receiver and dirt cheap! Like I said in the ad I have original box, and all of the accessories it came with. If you want more pics (especially the back) I have them, I just couldn't put them up on here b/c they were too big!

Thanks for looking!
True, it's a very good receiver. I think your price is a good one - very fair. I picked mine up about 8 months ago off of AVSForum where a user was selling his. It was in excellent condition. I paid only on Benjamin for it, including shipping. He wanted to sell it ASAP and I landed on the thread within minutes of it being posted.

As much as I enjoy mine, I can easily say it's worth what you're asking. To get the "latest and greatest", one has to spend over $1,000. Then, you're only held over until the next upgrade ... then another $1,000+. The cycle never ends.

J

jb5200

Audioholic
I know right, I can't believe that no one wants this. I am willing to lower my price to $225+sh. This thing has everything except the HDMI passthrough. The sound of this receiver is so much better than the lower models - trust me I compared with my friend.

In fact he bought like a 463 or something like that (can't remember the number) and he took it back 2 days later to Best Buy b/c the sound very entry level. He ended up getting a used Rx-v2500 which is in the league of this receiver. So if you are looking for a great receiver to watch movies on and the video isn't a big deal OOORRR if you are like me and want a great 2 channel pre/pro for a great price - this is going to be tough to beat! $225+sh is a steal!

Thanks for all of the kind words from everyone else though on this post - usually when I post on forums I get bashed to pieces b/c I don't know as much as they do.

Jeff

O

oceanax13

Audiophyte
I might be interested. I'm looking for a receiver for a 2.1 setup for music. It would replace my eight year old base model Sony 5.1 receiver (works but sound quality is lacking). Might this work for me?

Does it do A+B at the same time?

J

jb5200

Audioholic
You bet it does! It can do A, B, or A+B at the same time, all you have to do is flip the front panel down and there are 2 buttons for the speakers - A & B, just push em both in and voila! It pretty much has more than you could ever want especially for 2.1 ch (that's what I used it for!)

I will give you a hint - I have the RX-V3800 which was one of their top models that I use in my theater and I have swapped this in and out of my 2 ch. rig to compare the sound between this and the 1600 and they sound exactly the same. Except for a much fancier GUI and more connections and sound codecs, as far as stereo goes it is pretty much the same. I have a lot of pics I can send you - it is really in mint condition. Other than the tiny smudge on the front it pretty much looks new - a little black sharpie would do wonders. I just never did it b/c I always like to be honest to people and not hide anything.

You wouldn't be disappointed! PM me with an email and I will send you pics if you want.

Jeff

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis