FS: Salk Song Tower and Song Center QWT

F

frank2532

Enthusiast
FS my Salk Song Tower and Song Center Front Ported QWT’s with Pau Ferro Rosewood front baffles. I purchased the Song Towers used directly from Jim Salk in September 2015. https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=136942.0
I purchased the matching song center new in October 2015. They have been in boxes since I moved last June and unfortunately I am selling because I have a crawling 9 month old at home and I don’t want her pulling them on top of her. There are 2 very minor scratches on one of the plinths and a small nic about an 8th of an inch on the side of 1 tower.
I purchased the Song Towers used for $1695 and the Song Center new for $889 for a total of $2584.
I am selling them together for $1900. Pick up preferred 08742 or will meet at a reasonable distance. Will ship at buyers expense. I have all the original packaging.

Attachments

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Stunning! Wish you could keep them. :) hope you are able to find a good home for them!!!

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
That's a sin that you have to get rid of the set, great speaker's. I was lucky enough to get the same model (L-C-R) used too in 2014. No regrets whatsoever and I doubt I'll ever sell them. Good price too, very fair.

Is there anyway you can sell the child and keep the speakers? :p

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
If I didn't just pull the trigger on new gear, I'd be all over this deal!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Bump: Price reduction $1800
Usually Jim seems to be quite successful at helping his customers sell their stuff. Have you considered asking him about what he requires from the standpoint of having him post over on his Audio Circle thread?

Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic
If I didn't just pull the trigger on new gear, I'd be all over this deal!
Same, those are quite beautiful and sadly I’m broke
I saw the classified ad the day it was posted, I still can’t believe they’ve lasted this long

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Same, those are quite beautiful and sadly I’m broke
I saw the classified ad the day it was posted, I still can’t believe they’ve lasted this long
I know...right! I was thinking the same thing. These are too pretty, and capable, to sit there on the selling floor.

F

frank2532

Enthusiast
Usually Jim seems to be quite successful at helping his customers sell their stuff. Have you considered asking him about what he requires from the standpoint of having him post over on his Audio Circle thread?
Thanks, I haven’t looked into that option yet. I’m going to give it some more time and see if I can make the sale on my own. I appreciate the advice.

F

frank2532

Enthusiast
Willing to split them up. $1250 for the towers. $550 for the center.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
It's really unfortunate that you want to sell them.

If I had been in your situation, I would have tried to find a way to install them so it would be impossible for them to tip over. An alternate decision would be just to be patient, the little girl will grow up pretty fast, keep them in their boxes and pull them out when the time arrives that she is taller and understands the risks of getting close to them..

Last edited:
F

frank2532

Enthusiast
It's really unfortunate that you want to sell them.

If I had been in your situation, I would have tried to find a way to install them so it would be impossible for them to tip over. An alternate decision would be just to be patient, the little girl will grow up pretty fast, keep them in their boxes and pull them out when the time arrives that she is taller and understands the risks of getting close to them..
I’ve come to terms with it. I’ve decided use the money from the sale to wire my deck and patio area with landscape speakers since I’m outside a lot more often now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis