FS: Powersound Audio (psa) S3612

M

Madhuski

Audioholic
Selling my S3612 subwoofer. Mint condition, original owner. Only took delivery a few weeks ago so almost all the warranty remaining. Selling to go bigger. I know i’m within my return window but after badgering Tom with a zillion questions before buying I’m not going to put any burden on him.

$1799 local pick-up only, minneapolis.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's one hell of a sub. What are you finding lacking with it? How did you integrate it into your system? Any measuring or eq involved? Crossover point? Getting a badass sub is half the battle. Careful integration is equally as important.

I don't mean to insinuate you don't know what you're doing. I only ask because that's a lot of sub and it surprises me you'd need even more. Another consideration would be getting a second one to help with evening out the response in your room.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Damn…
I’m only a couple hours north of Mpls. If I some extra dough, I would definitely figure out how to integrate it.
I’ll ask around…

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah! A lot of people want to go further with extremes.

Rudy Bozak was a hi-fi pioneer and produced many loudspeakers in the 1950-1960's. One of his most famous products was a loudspeaker cabinet enclosing four 12" woofers in a sealed baffle.

Once he had built a big woofer, I don't recall what size, which might probably have been classified years later as a sub. At his first attempt to test it, the driver basket got distorted by the powerful magnet. That was the end of the project.

A

AudioLover73

Enthusiast
It's a sealed sub with two huge drivers in a relatively small enclosure (not exactly a recipie for deep bass). In Youthman's comparison, it's up to 5 dB lower in output at 20Hz compared to an SVS PB16 (that's two 18" drivers vs a single 16" driver). And that's probably with the SVS in standard tuning mode. In extended mode, the PB16's output at 20Hz increases an additional 1.5 dB. When it comes to low bass, it's difficult to outperform a driver in a large ported enclosure, whether you're after SPL or low distortion.

For comparison, the sealed SVS SB16 is almost 14 dB lower in output vs the ported PB16 at 20Hz. I can only imagine how much more powerful the PSA would be if it were ported. Actually, it would probably be like the Rythmik FV25HP in the link below but only much larger. That's the performance you'd expect from a dual 18" subwoofer.

Bought a Dual 18" opposed subwoofer with a 2k RMS Watts amp.

Looking to go BIGGER?

It makes perfect sense for home demolition experts like OP, to always be on the lookout for bigger house demo tools.
/s

Mariana comes to mind: https://www.deepseasound.com/products/mariana-24sr-24-subwoofer

C

Chazfoso

Audiophyte
Selling my S3612 subwoofer. Mint condition, original owner. Only took delivery a few weeks ago so almost all the warranty remaining. Selling to go bigger. I know i’m within my return window but after badgering Tom with a zillion questions before buying I’m not going to put any burden on him.

$1799 local pick-up only, minneapolis.
I am sure this is a dumb question, but do you still happen to have the S3612 for sale?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis