FS Onkyo TX-SR 805 $300 obo

B

Bloodta

Audiophyte
FS Onkyo 805 7.1 AVR. I recently upgraded to Atmos, so I need to sell.
Excellent condition. Prefer local sale so I don't have to ship, but I will if buyer pays shipping.
$300 OBO. I'm in the Greenville SC area.
IMG_1855.JPG IMG_1856.JPG IMG_1857.JPG

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
As fellow 805 owner, I am curious about result of your sale. My suggestion is to add silver in title. May help you if someone is looking for special color.
Mine is black and even though it's in 100% condition, I doubt I'd find buyer for it even $150.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
As fellow 805 owner, I am curious about result of your sale. My suggestion is to add silver in title. May help you if someone is looking for special color.
Mine is black and even though it's in 100% condition, I doubt I'd find buyer for it even $150.
I would agree, but that 805 is one of the last Onkyo offerings that still had a hefty amp/psu section. The 806 dropped in weight 10 or more pounds IIRC.

Having said that it is an HDMI 1.3 receiver and I purchased an 809 brand new for ~$450 so I would imagine your $150 price point isn't too far off the mark. Sadly, maybe less.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I would agree, but that 805 is one of the last Onkyo offerings that still had a hefty amp/psu section. The 806 dropped in weight 10 or more pounds IIRC.

Having said that it is an HDMI 1.3 receiver and I purchased an 809 brand new for ~$450 so I would imagine your $150 price point isn't too far off the mark. Sadly, maybe less.
until I'd replace my living room TV for 4k/HDR set, I have no plans to let it go and later I may still use it just for it's amp section which is without doubt very strong one

Last edited:
ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
MY 805 volume is starting to have faults. Too bad since this is a beast of an AVR. It's been moved out in replaced with a Marantz. I am a huge Marantz fan but that 805 will always be a beast and some buyer should pick it up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis