FS:Monster Power Amplifiers

D

Darin_SD

Audiophyte
MPA3250SS and MPA2250SS

These amps are less than a year old and are in perfect condition. I have all original boxes so they will be shipped double boxed. They have been used in a kid and smoke free environment.

They sound great but have decided that a new television is more important to me and don't want to wait any longer. I can send pictures if you would like.

They retail for $5500 for the pair and I am asking $3200 OBO plus shipping. I live in AZ so if you are in the area we can arrange something if you would rather pick them up. I prefer to sell them together but would be willing to part with the 3 channel alone for the right offer.

http://www.monstercable.com/power/productPagePower.asp?pin=1903&LastPage=Amplifiers

http://www.monstercable.com/power/productPagePower.asp?pin=1902&LastPage=Amplifiers

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Darin,

Found an old post from 2003 where you were selling some Martin Logans.
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3658#post3658
Impressive.

You've been hiding out for awhile, eh? Closet audioholic. :cool: I'm sure we can all learn a little from your years of knowledge. Not all of us bash others, as I'm sure you're aware.

Rather than slam a product most of us have never heard, can you tell us how these power amps compare to the Krell units, and why you chose them? After looking at the specs, how bad can they be at 88lbs and 92lbs respectively? Monster makes enough to possibly put out some respectable equipment, right? No one is doubting the quality of their merchandise inasmuch as how it's priced.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
Just guessing I suspect Monster amps were designed by Richard Marsh who also has something to say about their power conditioners. Imo they're overpriced but to each their own. For those who don't know Richard Marsh has been a highly respected engineer for decades.

One thing you also have to remember that after all the attention Monster received regarding their lawsuits against small companies that they lost alot of their respect. I will never buy anything from Monster again no matter what the deal is, even free.

D

Darin_SD

Audiophyte
Yeah. I've been lurking around here for some time.

Personally I thought that the Krell were a brighter sounding compared to the Monster but certainly not nearly as bright as some of the Adcom I have heard in the past. I certainly didn't think that Monster would be able to produce an amplifier that sounds as good as it does. They probably realize that as well which would be a reason to have Richard Marsh help design them. I was also able to get them at a better price than what I could for the Krell at the time and most likely wouldn't have gotten them except for the deal that I got. I am not trying to push these amps on anyone, but if you have a chance, I would encourage everyone to listen to them and make your own decision.

And for what it is worth, thanks for not bashing me.

D

Darin_SD

Audiophyte
warnerwh said:
Just guessing I suspect Monster amps were designed by Richard Marsh who also has something to say about their power conditioners. Imo they're overpriced but to each their own. For those who don't know Richard Marsh has been a highly respected engineer for decades.

One thing you also have to remember that after all the attention Monster received regarding their lawsuits against small companies that they lost alot of their respect. I will never buy anything from Monster again no matter what the deal is, even free.

I agree with what you say concerning the lawsuits. I just hope they don't come after us for using their name in our posts.

As for the power pieces, I wouldn't be without one especially here in AZ where the air kicks in about every 5 minutes this time of year.

M

Mitchell Torres

Audioholic Intern
My $.02 for what they are worth.

Folks this man is trying to sell some merchandise...If you so dislike the product go to another thread and move on. Don't hijack this classified add with your own personal opinion, and possibly scare away a prospective buyer. Like he said if someone is willing to part with over $3,000.00 they had better do their research and understand what it is they are buying. Do you feel so much more important that everyone should accept your opinion as gospel? I don't remember seeing the title of this thread including the words "opinions wanted".

This is a simple...I am interested in your product and have some questions or move on to another thread....leave the guy be.

Thanks,

Mitchell

C

Chaos_Cow

Audiophyte
Come on, Monster has a FEW good products. Their speaker cable (at least the Monster XP Navajo White) is legitimately good and cheap. Of course, that was what they did originally, isn't it? That makes sense, I suppose.

I'll trade my Sonic Impact T-amp for your amp.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Enough is enough

Listen guys, this is the classified section. If you are not interested in what this person is selling fine. Do not waste our time with your opinion on the product being sold.

For those of you who see posts that do not belong click the report bad post button at the top right had corner of the post. Doing this will notify the administration and moderators.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis