FS: Flat fabric grill for SVS SB2000, black

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Wow. Very nice work! You make me wish I had an SB2000, lol.
Thank you! I really do aim for quality on something like this. It's not absolutely perfect, machine-made, but REALLY close. :D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'll be watching to see how fast that sells!
Here is the stock (perforated metal) grill for those not familiar with it:

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I'll be watching to see how fast that sells!
Here is the stock (perforated metal) grill for those not familiar with it:
Thanks for sharing that photo. While I didn't dislike the perforated steel grill, this one is just SO much classier. My wife doesn't ever comment on my audio gear, but unprompted did say "that looks a lot nicer!"

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for sharing that photo. While I didn't dislike the perforated steel grill, this one is just SO much classier. My wife doesn't ever comment on my audio gear, but unprompted did say "that looks a lot nicer!"
The stock grill has always been offensive to me, especially since SVS tends to have a very good finish otherwise. I generally like to keep the driver visible so I can check it to see how much it is jumping when the special place in the movie arrives, but sub grills are too useful for when kids come over to totally eliminate!
SVS does a good job of taking pictures of the grill from angles that don't show how it sits on the sub!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Nice look. Looks like a HSU or Rythmik. :)

I would put a small piece of electrical tape over that blue led too... ;)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
The LED is red when the sub is in standby. I don't really mind having it, and it's a LOT less noticeable with the new grill.

T

TMIDT

Audiophyte
hi. Where can i buy this grills? Is it home made? Because cant find it in stores. Im From norway, and i really want grills like this on sb2000 the metall grill is ugly af!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Unfortunately, you can't get one at this time. The gentleman's agreement I have with SVS giving me their drawing was to make only two, and as I explained to them I started with 3 blanks in case something went wrong with the first one.

The slight defects (very tiny overcuts with a router bit) on the first one were easily remedied, and the nice fellow at SVS did provide me with one more logo plate and set of metal pins to finish it.

It's definitely not something a person without CNC equipment should attempt. I don't think SVS is comfortable providing hardware to everyone claiming to be able to make them, as they could be a lot of poor quality grilles out there with the SVS logo on it and complaints about something they didn't make.

Sorry I can't help more people. Truly.

T

TMIDT

Audiophyte
Ok. I wonder why svs make so ugly grills. If they have made grills like this, they would sell alot more.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Ok. I wonder why svs make so ugly grills. If they have made grills like this, they would sell alot more.
I certainly agree, and know for a fact that quite a few people have chosen to buy elsewhere solely because of that curved, perforated steel grille.

Probably next year I will be able to build a true CNC-driven wood router capable of handling a job like that in a matter of minutes rather than the several hours and multiple set-ups I had to use in doing it on a metalworking CNC machine. Perhaps them I could make a few more, and use my machine shop to make the pressed-in pins needed to attach it to the subwoofer. I would lack the SVS logo plate, so just might make my own.

No promises! Sorry, but I just don't want to raise hopes and then disappoint.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
This flat grill looks so much better than the curved steel one. Really nice work!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis