FS 2 pairs of Rocket RS-850s

dgshtav

dgshtav

Junior Audioholic
For Sale are 2 Pairs (4 Speakers) of Rocket RS-850. $1050 each pair.

The speakers are all Signature editions. Over a year old. Since used as surrounds, they must have seen about 80 hours (conservatively) worth of actual use. Not a single flaw. Mint.

Buyer pays paypal CC fees. Other paypal payments do not attract any fees.

Shipping possible at buyers expense. I have all the original packaging for these. These can be shipped on a pallet as well if required. Local (SFO Bay Area) sales preferred though.

I am looking to upgrade the mains. Hence the sale. The surrounds go first.

I am posting this sale ad through many forums and may not be able to check response/pms on each forum in a timely manner. Hence the best way to contact me about this sale is via email at dgshtav atty gmail dotty com

Thanks

Pics below.

Pair 1 --->
Pair 2 --->

Thanks.

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
Dude
That picture cracks me up. It really says it all about what's important doesn't it? An empty room with bare walls, a small love seat, a chair, and a big bad a/v setup with Rockets all the way around. That is great!!!

Wish I could afford to take 2 off your hands, or ears as it were. What are you getting as replacements?

Cheers to you my friend. - Griff

dgshtav

dgshtav

Junior Audioholic
Dude
That picture cracks me up. It really says it all about what's important doesn't it? An empty room with bare walls, a small love seat, a chair, and a big bad a/v setup with Rockets all the way around. That is great!!!

Wish I could afford to take 2 off your hands, or ears as it were. What are you getting as replacements?

Cheers to you my friend. - Griff
Yeah, I did prioritize things and yes the equipment is high on the list followed by room acoustics (the bare walls and the vaulted ceiling hurts quite a bit). Honestly seating is the last on the list for 2 reasons:
1. Unless I “settle down” acoustically, I cannot really spec out the seating.
2. It can get expensive as it has to look good too and I only get one shot at it.

For now, the chair serves for seating one for music. And unless we are pretty lazy, the loveseat slides out from the back wall while watching video. And guests (close friends really) get to chose from whatever portable seating they can find around the house and bring it to the room. Experience has taught them that, though not acoustically highly rewarding (some don’t mind); bean bags, lots of throw pillows, etc. are the most comfortable option! And if they want more comfort, they get to contribute to the HT Seating fund as well! -:) The fact that the fund does not have any money in it yet suggests that I should do away with the bean bags and the large throw pillows coz. it seems people are getting too comfortable! -:)

As for the replacement speakers….Well I am not replacing just the surrounds. Initially the plan was Rockets all around for HT and Line Arrays for music. So, I had/have the LS-9s from GR-Research in mind as mains for that. But given the versatility of the LS-9s, I don't see why they can't do HT duty as well along with music. The RS-850s will not be a perfect acoustical match with the LS-9s. Danny (the creator of the LS-9s) recommended the N3 for surrounds to go with LS-9s. Hence the RS-850 sale.

After the LS-9s, the RS-1Ks will either go to a different room or may even be up for sale though the probability of the latter is pretty low. Based on the LFE performance of LS-9s IN MY ROOM (coz. otherwise it’s common knowledge that they can go pretty low cleanly and with control), I might even have the MFW-15s up for sale.

I have also had some thoughts about some designs that appear to be Avalon Isis Clones as well. But that’s long term.

But first…the RS-850 have to sell. I am also open to selling the RSC200 center with the second or both pairs of RS-850. No point in selling the center with the first pair of RS-850 though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis