A

Antonyr17

Enthusiast
Hi All

thought I would give a update. So I brought the local made Elektra Power Amp 200 rms wpc (Australian Made in Melbourne) this has changed my system significantly I’ve also installed my custom cabinet below and raised the centre speaker the depth and grunt the speakers have now is amazing very happy with the system. Thanks everyone for your help and beat of luck. Cheers Ant

A

Antonyr17

Enthusiast
Hi everyone just have another update. So I’ve been caught up in the iTunes banner for some time due to flexibility, I knew the streaming service dumbs down the kbps but I didn’t realise how much. So I brought a Sony uhd player oh my god what a difference. So foolish of me seems old school I like it makes you watch the movie being on DVD because you have to get your lazy ass up. I would recommend this to any that has similar issues. Improvement 10 fold when watching Blu ray Star Wars to Disney or iTunes SW you can’t compare it’s amazing. When do you reckon iTunes will catch with quality. Don’t get me streaming is great but if you most out of your equipment move away from streaming unless you have a KScope.

A

Antonyr17

Enthusiast
I think Disney's streaming service is ideal.
Hi there so did I until I kept upgrading my system and still felt flat. I had a huge collection and got rid of it at some stage of my life. To be honest uhd player didn’t even cross my mind and the other day I brought a new player to see and I was astounded if you want best for your system nothing beats disk. Could you imagine your internet downloading or streaming 100G for hour and half movie. So it’s compressed and the one item they compromise straight away is the audio because in most systems it doesn’t affect the sound due to the lack of sound system quality. Picture is the one item that it’s holds it’s ground as everyone refers to picture and the minority want both or can see the change in both.

A

Audiophile Heretic

Junior Audioholic
My big questions is I feel as if my front stage isn’t deep enough for voices sound very bright and and dialog feels lost.
Are all your walls as bare as the ones in the picture? I would suggest you need some sound absorbent room treatment to absorb early reflections. You probably can't do anything about where the speakers are, but the speakers are too close to the side walls. I definitely recommend sound absorbent room treatment on the walls to the side and behind front main left and right speakers. Treatment behind the speakers should be inside the left and right speaker pair where the reflection would return to your main listening position. If your main listening position has a wall immediately behind it, treat that too.

Amplitude cannot correct time. Equalization can't compensate for listening room reflections. Most of what is reflected from the speakers back to the listener is off-axis speaker sound. Short reflections, especially short reflections close to the speakers or close to the listener, cause constructive and destructive interference comb filter flange effects. Equalization affects both the direct sound from the speaker and the combination of direct and reflected sound. The microphone for your automated equalization system does not hear like your ears. The best listening room is treated to create a Reflection Free Zone RFZ around the listener.

After treating the walls, I would toe the front speakers in toward the listening position.

Last edited:
A

Audiophile Heretic

Junior Audioholic
It just doesn’t have that growl say when Vin Diesel is talking you get that husky full depth. The room is perfect size of the RHS wasn’t open.
Are you sure you have all your speakers connected to the AVR amplifier with the same polarity, red terminals to red, and black to black? Do you have the subwoofer crossover enabled and set to a lower setting than the crossover in the AVR, leaving a hole in the upper bass? Do you have the subwoofer polarity (phase) reversed, or not reversed when it should be?

Last edited:
F

floptop

Audiophyte
Here's some basic speaker set-up info. Audyssey, YPAO, etc. can be done afterward.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the reply.

Ive done everything you have noted. Ive brought the curve editor app adjusted to suit
It just doesn’t have that growl say when Vin Diesel is talking you get that husky full depth. The room is perfect size of the RHS wasn’t open.
I don’t even have a new enough avr to effect the curve whatever that does ?
You seem to be sitting pretty far back do those small speakers get loud enough? You may need a second or bigger sub also.
Nice massive I’ve been stuck with a 40” feels so tiny.

D

dalotissac

Audiophyte
Hi Everyone.
Firstly I just want to state. I’m not a enthusiast I have little understanding around Home theatre.
but Audioholics have helped me to understand the parameters and guided my through my limited journey.
My setup a refer to it as a surround sound system because it’s not a detracted home theatre room.
It’s more if a entertainment area and have a feeling it similar shape room to Genes old setup with one side open to kitchen and dining.
Current setup as follows.
Sony X9000 85inch great tv for the price.
B&W htm71 centre large
B&W 705 s2 fronts bi-amped as I use this for music when it party time. And please don’t tell bianped is a waste of time because I can tell the difference in stereo mode.
B&W 382 rears in ceiling to give a more clean affect.
JL E110 x 2 front right and rear left off centre.
marantz 6014
Marantz 7025 bi-amped to run centre.
My big questions is I feel as if my front stage isn’t deep enough for voices sound very bright and and dialog feels lost.
I have set all speakers to 75db.
I’ve changed the curve.
everything is set as per Genes advice. Can anyone assist with some areas or advice.
Are there avrs or pre-pros that have passive bi-amping for more than L/R speakers? I saw he had just the L/R setup that way in any case.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis