From a TCL T648 to a Vizio OLED

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So about a month ago I sold my previous tv which was a Vizio PQ65-F1 to a user on here and bought a TCL R648 for 4K 120hz for PC and Xbox gaming. Needless to say I wasn’t that impressed and it had a series of software issues. I was able to return it and got a Vizio OLED today for $849.99 with my employee discount that’s somehow still active (I haven’t worked at BB in over two years). I understand it’s not the newest LG OLED but for someone who came from nothing but LED tv’s I’m very impressed. I admittedly was so hung up on maximum nits for HDR that I always ignored the affordable OLED’s and today I learned that’s a very small component of what’s important in a tv’s performance.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
So about a month ago I sold my previous tv which was a Vizio PQ65-F1 to a user on here and bought a TCL R648 for 4K 120hz for PC and Xbox gaming. Needless to say I wasn’t that impressed and it had a series of software issues. I was able to return it and got a Vizio OLED today for $849.99 with my employee discount that’s somehow still active (I haven’t worked at BB in over two years). I understand it’s not the newest LG OLED but for someone who came from nothing but LED tv’s I’m very impressed. I admittedly was so hung up on maximum nits for HDR that I always ignored the affordable OLED’s and today I learned that’s a very small component of what’s important in a tv’s performance.
Brightness means nothing when you have infinite contrast as OLED has. Lately I've been really, really thinking about getting a 77 inch OLED.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
...I admittedly was so hung up on maximum nits for HDR that I always ignored the affordable OLED’s and today I learned that’s a very small component of what’s important in a tv’s performance.
This is something that often isn't discussed on some of the websites out there, but there is no question that contrast is king, and you don't get that with brighter whites, but with better black levels. This is why JVC reigns supreme in the front projector market with LCoS, and why LG reigns supreme with OLED. Plasma (Pioneer!) had an amazing run for a while, but OLED is the new king in town and worth the cost of entry. Even the lesser expensive models aren't exactly 'cheap' TVs, but anything that says OLED at this point is going to look pretty darn good.

There are still rooms which need more light output for convenience, but a room without a ton of bright windows and daylight should always be looking at getting a OLED first whenever possible.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis