Frederick Nathaniel "Toots" Hibbert R.I.P.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Wow! No love for Toots?

After Dead Bob (Marley) was there anyone who had a greater impact on ska/reggae, not including the granddaddy of them all, Prince Buster (Cecil Bustamente Campbell)?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
As I feared Toots has succumbed to the dreaded virus and died.
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/12/912245520/toots-hibbert-reggae-ambassador-and-leader-of-toots-and-the-maytals-dies-at-77

Meanwhile I’ve posted my collection in the R.I.P. - Check Please! folder.
https://tinyurl.com/y67x75hu

Of note: The meta-data is not complete on some albums and I recently ordered 3 albums, which are still in transit. God knows when they will arrive with the recently hobbled USPS, courtesy of our fearless leaders.

In transit are …
2004 - True Love
1996 - Time Tough; The Anthology [2-CD]
2016 - Best of The Maytals [2-CD]

I’ll be ripping them into FLAC, so you may wanna skip the 2 of the albums in MP3 that I’ve posted meanwhile.

Sad day for me here. After Dead Bob Marley and Prince Buster, no one was more influential in the ska/reggae genre for me.

Peace Brother

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
You may wanna slow your roll, regarding downloading. Finding quite a few meta-data errors [hangs head in shame].

Give it a week or two if that kind of thing is important to you (year, songwriting credits, label, etc.). If not, have at it.

Sorry guys.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I haven't been following too closely, most threads or even the videos here, lately. :eek: Been too busy working service industry in a pandemic and breathing the toxic air on the left side. *shrugs

Toots.
A sad day, indeed! Only sadder that the loss of a musician with his history doesn't warrant a headline.

Thank you for sharing!

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I haven't been following too closely, most threads or even the videos here, lately. :eek: Been too busy working service industry in a pandemic and breathing the toxic air on the left side. *shrugs

Toots.
A sad day, indeed! Only sadder that the loss of a musician with his history doesn't warrant a headline.

Thank you for sharing!
Yeah, kind-a shocked myself but hey! that's why Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors, right?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm done editing my collection (meta-data, art & info). Just waiting for a 2-CD import from the UK, which I'll post as soon as I get my grubby paws on it. :D

Meanwhile Enjoy!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis