Found a lot of mentions on Fluance, but what's the consensus?

corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
I'm looking to pick up some rear surround speakers and I'm on a minimal budget. I first looked at some Paradigm Atoms for about $200 a pair. But then I came across the Fluance SV-6 bookshelf for $119 a pair.

http://www.fluance.com/fldyhidetwbo.html

I've searched the forums here and found a number of mentions, but didn't see anything where someone was either really happy or really disappointed. Can anyone elaborate a little on these speakers? Please keep in mind, they'd be used for rears, not mains, i.e. significantly less information than the fronts. If there's no one out there using them, what would folks here do? Would you take a chance on a relative unknown being that they're rears, or save up my nickels and go for something trusted.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Cory,

Remember Soundesign from the 70's and 80's? They looked really neat and were super cheap? Sold them in the local K-Marts and Hills Department stores? They are just a modern version of that. Cheaply made cabinets, crossovers, drivers, etc... For $80, Paradigm is not even on the same planet as the Fluance.

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
An inexpensive di-pole surround that I was looking at is made by Wharfedale. The DFS, I believe they have 2 the DFS19 adn the DFS20. Seems to be quality speaker, good customer satisfaction reports, and can be had for around $220. In fact the whole pacific evo line is so budget priced that even though I really want to go with a higher end line I keep coming back to the fact that these speakers are so reasonably priced it's hard to pass them up.

W

warpdrive

Full Audioholic
Forget about Fluance....there is a reason why they are so cheap....sure, you might not be able to buy a better $119 speaker, but that's not saying much.

Stick with the Paradigm...you'll be happier in the long run

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis