majorloser

majorloser

jeffsg4mac said:
What are you trying to do? get me into divorce court? :eek: Don't tell me things like that:D the 12in one might be cool though. I still have to get me a chitty chitty car and a time machine too.
I'm quite sure this can cause some marriage difficulties:
http://www.hammacher.com/publish/10921.asp?source=overture&keyword=robby+the+robot&cm_ven=NewGate&cm_cat=overture&cm_pla=GiftPreview05&cm_ite=robby+the+robot&ovmkt=76OEFE9DFMK8SFCJSCPI4H43HO&OVRAW=life sized robby the robot&OVKEY=robby the robot&OVMTC=advanced

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
WOW!! that is cool. Only if I win the lotto I am afraid. I do like the R2D2 for 120 bucks. That I could swing.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
This site : Futuremusic ( www.davidszondy.com) has the lowdown on Luis and Bebe Barron--It wasn't a synth as we know it, it was a basically circuits that emulated the human nervous system and apperently they couldn't always duplicate the same sound over and over again, so once a score was started it had to be recorded and if a sound had to be reproduced that tape was duplicated and spliced. Also it was called tonalities according to this site because the music union was opposed to any "mechanized" form of music that could replace musicians.

R

ruadmaa

Banned
Read The Cinefantastique Article

stratman said:
This site : Futuremusic ( www.davidszondy.com) has the lowdown on Luis and Bebe Barron--It wasn't a synth as we know it, it was a basically circuits that emulated the human nervous system and apperently they couldn't always duplicate the same sound over and over again, so once a score was started it had to be recorded and if a sound had to be reproduced that tape was duplicated and spliced. Also it was called tonalities according to this site because the music union was opposed to any "mechanized" form of music that could replace musicians.
I would suggest you read the Cinefantastique magazine article on the film if you ever get a chance. You would then be far more informed.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I did some calling around to some keyboard geek friends (musicians)...It was not a synth, they used tone generators, big difference. Also check out Electronic Music Foundation. The first true music synth invented by Dr. Robert Moog also confirmed by forementioned synth geeks, that's why I play guitar--less complicated!

R

ruadmaa

Banned
Would You At Least Agree

stratman said:
I did some calling around to some keyboard geek friends (musicians)...It was not a synth, they used tone generators, big difference. Also check out Electronic Music Foundation. The first true music synth invented by Dr. Robert Moog also confirmed by forementioned synth geeks, that's why I play guitar--less complicated!
Would you at least agree that there IS NO THEREMIN used in "Forbidden Planet". The soundtrack is purely electronic.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Sure, I'll agree ,I never said that I was sure, read my post. I was curious as to what was used to generate the creepy score. And the score was purely electronic, that was the big deal with the music union. I also remember back in the early 70s that some orchestral musicians were complaining that synths were going to be the end of orchestral music, boy were they wrooong.:D

And IF a theremin was used exclusively, it still would have been a purely electronic score. Not that they used one!

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis