For Sale: Wharfedale EVO 30 Maple Finish

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
As some of you may know I have recently upgraded my speakers. Due to pressure from the wife as well as construction going on in the theater, THESE MUST GO!

I am pricing them to sell at $550 SHIPPED:eek: to conus. They are in perfect condition and only used for about 1 year. They are real wood veneer and are bookmatched. I have original boxes and they are both packed in a larger single box with more padding.

I really only want to take PayPal but would also consider a bankcheck. I will be posting on ebay in the next day or so but I wanted to see if anyone here was interested first.

Thanks.

Wharfedale Pacific Evolution 30 Speaker specifications

Power handling: 200 watts
Sensitivity: 89 dB
Impedance: 6 ohms
Magnetically shielded? No
HxWxD (mm): 880 x 229 x 403
Frequency response: 50 - 20,000 Hz
Crossover frequency: 200Hz / 2.8 kHz
Biwireable? Yes
Connections: Gold-plated 4mm banana socket/binding posts
Bass port? Yes - front firing design to allow easy speaker placement
Drivers: LF: 2 x 6.5" Kevlar UV treated cone
HF: 25mm textile dome tweeter sitting in a cast-aluminium "pod" and mechanically isolated from the rest of the cabinet with a neodymium magnet
Colour: Black real-wood veneers
Extra: Curved cabinet and front baffle reduces standing waves, improves bass and imaging across the frequency range

<table>

<tr><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr>

<tr><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr>
</table>

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jamie2112

Banned
I have listened to these and they sounded great. 550 is a great deal I hope you sell them quickly........

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am shocked that you are still alive. I figured these would be your new ones posted by your Wife!

I can't believe you gave me crap about my bi-wire, considering you are bi-wired plain as day!

Awesome deal, would love to have them but I would be killed for sure. Good luck!

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I am shocked that you are still alive. I figured these would be your new ones posted by your Wife!
Well I am now paying for the whole job at the house. Both the porch and the theater. I'm actually supposed to be outside painting now while my wife is at a school meeting for the kid. I just had to check in for a minute and see what was up.

I can't believe you gave me crap about my bi-wire, considering you are bi-wired plain as day!

Awesome deal, would love to have them but I would be killed for sure. Good luck!
I didn't give you crap. I was just riding along with Mazer.:p

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Little bump for some nice speakers.

Come on now you know you want them.:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Come on now. These are beautiful and sound great!!

I will consider any serious offer. I was asking $550 shipped. Shipping is over $110 bucks so I thought that was very fair.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Ok I really need to sell these or I am in trouble. If you don't know the story go here.

I will now take $525 shipped. That is a super deal considering the quality of these speakers.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Would someone please buy these? I've been staring at them all day. They are just so attractive...and reasonably priced. Problem is, I know that I'm not going to buy them. I have zero use for them. But it's going to bug me until someone else does.

Thanks in advance to the lucky new owner... :)

N

newaudiofile

Audioholic
adk
I guess we are one of the few with wharfedale speakers.
I have the EVO 10 in rosewood. I LOOOOOOVE them.
I actually saw the center yesterday for the EVO 2 and was thinking of getting it. It costs 200€. Espensive I will say. Did you say they were not received well.

In any case I do not have brass balls like you, so I had to go ask the wife.
She has supported me in my HT adventure. And not long ago I was preaching to her to be my conscience as to buying things.

I told her yesterday that I was just going to look at stuff. So if I had come home with a 200€ center, that would be..............

Anyway she told me to rethink..........
So here I'm thinking......

I hope you get rid of those EVOs. They are quite cheep. :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I actually saw the center yesterday for the EVO 2 and was thinking of getting it. It costs 200€. Espensive I will say. Did you say they were not received well.
I do not feel the evo centers are are at the same level as the bookshelfs and towers. I felt there were issues with the dual mid/woofers having a lobbing effect. I liked the sound of the Diamond 9.CM much better. The sealed 3 way design the dialog sounded much clearer and handled deep voices very well. I would like to hear the Opus center and may move to that model if I get a chance to better match my EVO2 50's. I also did not hear the EVO2 center and they did change the crossover so that issue may be gone.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
I do not feel the evo centers are are at the same level as the bookshelfs and towers. I felt there were issues with the dual mid/woofers having a lobbing effect. I liked the sound of the Diamond 9.CM much better. The sealed 3 way design the dialog sounded much clearer and handled deep voices very well. I would like to hear the Opus center and may move to that model if I get a chance to better match my EVO2 50's. I also did not hear the EVO2 center and they did change the crossover so that issue may be gone.
Absolutely agree on the original series Evo Center. Lame speaker.

Let's hope they did fix the problems, when they designed the Evo2 Center Channel.

I have the Opus 2 and Opus Center Channel (as you know) and the Opus CC is steller. One of, if not the best CC I have heard.

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
I'm the buyer. :)

I'll be using them for my surrounds. Opus 1s for the front stage (maple).

I couldn't wait for the auction to end. :D

Rogo

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
First let me say thank you and second welcome to the forum.

You should post some pics of your setup. I'd like to see the Opus 1's in maple. What are you using for a center?

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
First let me say thank you and second welcome to the forum.

You should post some pics of your setup. I'd like to see the Opus 1's in maple. What are you using for a center?

You're very welcome.

I posted some pictures on avs of my new location, but I will post them here since you requested and I too completely enjoy my wharfedales. :) You provided wonderful pictures in the auction, have you posted more pictures in this forum?

This is a new place to which I've moved, so it's sparse and I'm lacking some of my gear (sanus TV stand)

Whoops, I need 2 more posts.

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Oh yes the old 5 post minimum. Well if we keep going you will be there in no time.

I have this thread that goes into my recent upgrade to the EVO2 50's. It has a couple of more pics of the EVO 30's plus some of the EVO 50's. I got in a bit of trouble so I owe you.:D

I'm actaully redoing my room now so I will be posting pics as soon as I get around to getting everything off my camera. I have at least a couple of weeks before I'm done. I have painting done so next is electrical and I have at least a couple of more weeks before the ceiling tiles come in.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis