For Sale: Def Tech PF12 Subwoofer

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
Hello,

I have a Definitive Technology PowerField 12 Subwoofer for sale. The unit is in great shape. I added a longer power cord to the unit as the one that came with it would not reach the outlet in the postition I needed it (this was soldered on by me - I do have two Electronics Engineering degrees and know how to solder). The unit works just like it did the day I bought it. I bought the sub from a local authorized dealer for ~$550. The specs are as follows:

Dimensions -- 17"H x 14"W x 14"D
Frequency Response -- 18Hz to 150Hz
Driver Complement -- One 12" woofer with polymer cone
Amplifier -- 125 Watts RMS
High Pass Filter -- 6dB/octave speaker level at 80 Hz
Low Pass Filter -- 24dB/octave continuously variable (40 - 150Hz) plus unfiltered setting

I am looking to get ~$300 for the sub. Shipping should be about $35.

Attachments

Last edited:
Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
Rocky,

I have an SVS 20-39CS+ currently. I actually just dropped from 2 of them down to 1. After experimenting with some room treatment I have realized my room is small enough for 1 sub and I did not need 2 subs, but instead needed to soak up some of the reflections with all the wood paneling I have in the room.

The Def Tech PF12 got moved upstairs in the living room setup when I upgraded to the SVS subs a few years ago and gets used about once or twice a month. My wife does not want it in the living room anymore so in the interest of having my say only in my dedicated HT room downstairs, I am going to let her win this battle. It is a great sub it just doesn't go as low as the SVS I have.

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
Rocky,

I usually don't ship to Canada, so I don't really have any idea. I was planning on using FedEx for shipment withing the U.S. as that is where I got the ~$35 number and they are much cheaper than UPS. Does FedEx even ship to Canada? If you want to find out more about it and let me know, I would consider it. The dimensions should be about 24" x 20" x 20" and the unit (I'm guessing) should weigh about 50 lbs boxed.

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
I have dibs on it... it may go well with my PC sound system :) Ill find out

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I talked to Rocky and he said he is no longer interested. I will go $200 + shipping as I would like to move this soon. Thanks!

T

TAINT

Audiophyte
Inline

If the deal falls through, please email or PM. I would rather buy here than eBay.
Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis