Focal Twin6 Be Studio Monitor Review

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The midrange switch is a very strange design. If it were me, I would have scooted the woofers closer together and squeezed the tweeter right above them like the Atlantic Technology 4400C. That would have given them a two-way horizontal speaker without the usual MTM drawbacks. Their present configuration makes for a weird dispersion pattern as well as a much more complicated design. Anyway, seems like a nice speaker despite its overly complex design.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
@PENG ,
I know you measured your Focal Electras, in room at least. Also pretty sure that you EQ'ed them. Did you have anything like the situation these measurements show in the 2kHz ballpark?
Although Aaron says these are very good speakers and excellent speakers with a little EQ, I am surprised that Focal did not do a better job with the crossover. Also, what was the driver compliment on your Electras. I was thinking it was similar but don't remember if you had a smaller mid-range added.
Thanks!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I have to dig it out, if no I can plot one, time permitting. There are going to be some dips for sure, just how severe and at what range.

Found one, measured in 2015 but it was from about 2 ft at ear height:
Look somewhat similar to S&V's, mine's at 1/12 smoothing, S&V's likely 1/6 and was anechoic so it should look better for sure.

1617977858012.png

and here's soundandvision.com's:
Focal Electra 1028 Be Speaker System HT Labs Measures | Sound & Vision (soundandvision.com)

1617977889370.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis