V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Anyone here have experience with the Focal Kanta 2 and 3. Is it worth the upgrade to move from Kanta 2 to 3?
Thank you!

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
IMO, the 3 is the way to go, since it costs only a couple grand more.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The most noticeable difference would be in the bass due to the larger drivers. I was considering those, then moved up to the Sopra 2 vs Salon2. Currently waiting for a Salon2 Pair to come up on audiogon with a good price.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Have you listened to the Kanta 3? If so, any comments on your impression?
Yes, my dealer down the street has a set of Kanta 3 set up and they did not sound right. I think there is something wrong with their setup. They are using some set of silver speaker wires that I've never heard of. And I also would like to replace the XLR cables they are using in that setup.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic

I check audigon daily as I wait for my Salon2s to pop up :). Great deal on new speakers, but not that happy with the color selection.
My local dealer has had a set of Kanta 3 on display for a year or more now, and I'm sure he would make an incredible price on them for me since he really needs to sell them. But they are in that bright blue color, which has already been ruled out due to zero WAF.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was unable to find any dealers with me with the Kanta Speakers to demo, but I was really impressed with the Sopra 2s I was able to listen to

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I've always found these speaker brand factory tours fascinating,

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis