Focal aria 926 or JBL L100 or KEF R5/ R7

T

topdog999

Audiophyte
Please help decide between the three which one would be better? Got a room with size 25' x 16' x 15'. Will be doing music (60% of the time) and movies (40%). My budget is $5000 for a pair. I have heard focal chora 826 and was not impressed by those so just wondering if aria 926 or JBL L100 or KEF R5 /R7 will do it. Thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might think about the JBL HDI 3800 too? Have you listened to the speakers listed and have a preference?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
That is a good size room. I would definitely recommend against Bookshelf/Standmounts for that purpose.
Philharmonic Audio BMR Towers
JBL Synthesis HDI3800
Monitor Audio Silver 500
Paradigm Founder 100F
Polk Legend L600

If you are mostly into Music... get the best quality neutral Speaker you can. I'm an avowed fanboy of Philharmionic Audio, and the new BMR Tower is seriously legit. My mains utilize the same woofer (8" Revelator) and my Center and Surrounds use the same Mid and Tweeter (BMR Driver and Raal 64-10, respectively). For a center channel you can get a single BMR Monitor: it will blend perfectly well.

I'm not a big fan of KEF. They do sound good, but caused me some fatigue. (Purely personal... many others don't have that problem, but for the cost you pay on the R Series, you can do better.)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis