Floyd Fans a rare DVD

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
Oh BTW, I have bought from them before. And their quality is excellent for rare dvd's. I had bought Swamp Thing with the nude footage NEVER released in the U.S. And it was widescreen and super quality, Not a transfer from VHS.
However beware of the region codes on some of these discs...
The Floyd one above is region free (Region 0). Swamp Thing is Region 2......

R

rschleicher

Audioholic
On a related note, does anyone remember a theatrical release movie from Pink Floyd that was pre-Dark Side? I vaguely remember seeing this at a midnight movie showing during my first year or two in college - which would have been somewhere between 1973 and 1974. But it was probably a couple/few years old at that time. If my memory is not too muddled, it was mostly material from Ummagumma, in fact maybe that was the name of the film. Basically in the form of a very extended music video.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
3beanlimit said:
PAL...

Dang..
PAL will still play in a regular dvd player, that I know of. Swamp Thing is PAL as well, and it plays fine. Being a region 0, it should play in all players....

S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
Pink Floyd Movies / Videos

Rschleicher,

You are speaking about "Live at Pompeii", recorded in the very early 70s in the Italian amplitheater. I just picked up the Director's Cut on DVD, and it's very worthwhile. The interview with the filmmaker is very through and enlightening, and the music is fabulous, including one of my personal favorites, Meddle.

You'll be glad you added it to your library.

Pat :cool:

3beanlimit

Junior Audioholic
stiletto pat said:
Rschleicher,

enlightening, and the music is fabulous, including one of my personal favorites, Meddle.

Meddle? Or do you mean Echos? If the latter, your right, it's killer.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Pink Floyd at Live 8

For all fans 'round the globe, it was just wonderful to watch Gilmour, Waters, Wright & Mason playing together some of their immortal songs!
A real gift for everybody. Hope to see them performing once again.

Cheers / Avliner

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
stiletto pat said:
Rschleicher,
You are speaking about "Live at Pompeii", recorded in the very early 70s in the Italian amplitheater. I just picked up the Director's Cut on DVD, and it's very worthwhile. The interview with the filmmaker is very through and enlightening, and the music is fabulous, including one of my personal favorites, Meddle.
On a semi-related note you can occasionally catch the film Zabriskie Point late at night while channel-surfing. A so-so 60's movie that contains some decent music including the Rolling Stones and Pink Floyd (Careful With That Axe Eugene). Look quicky for a brief cameo by a very young Harrison Ford. Not sure if the movie is on dvd or not though, never checked.

S

stiletto pat

Audioholic
Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii

You are correct - Meddle was the Album name - Echoes was the song. It is excellent in the movie - they performed it in an extremely competent manner - very direct and focused. :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis