JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Can anybody here educate me in laymens terms (or as laymen as possible) why the greens look incredibly flourescent on 4K HDR televisions? I apologize in advance for my ignorance.
Thank You,
Jon

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Can anybody here educate me in laymens terms (or as laymen as possible) why the greens look incredibly flourescent on 4K HDR televisions? I apologize in advance for my ignorance.
Thank You,
Jon
Likely the TV needs to be calibrated.

I suspect that you have some fundamental misunderstanding or you went to a store that had all their TVs out of whack.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Likely the TV needs to be calibrated.

I suspect that you have some fundamental misunderstanding or you went to a store that had all their TVs out of whack.
Its possible the TV needs to be calibrated.
Its just that I thought that I remember somebody talking about why theres this misrepresentation of the greens.
The green is the only color that is out of step.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
I don't know what TV you have but have you tried searching on the model on rtngs.com and trying the settings they used after calibrating? It may make your image much better. Other than that I have nothing to add to this as I really don't know...

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Is that on all program material on that TV? Have you tried 4k BD on it?
Correct sir. Thats on all streamed content. Ive never used the XBOX 1X Blu-Ray Player.
Admittedley my TV is only a Samsung 6 series 70 inch 4K HDR TV. Model number NU 6070. I know, not the best, but for $549.00 delivered, I couldnt resist. Furthermore, barring the green idiosyncracy, the TV performs rather flawlessly IMHO. The green flourescence really isnt a bother at all. I was just curious.
Thanks to all,
Jon

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
I don't know what TV you have but have you tried searching on the model on rtngs.com and trying the settings they used after calibrating? It may make your image much better. Other than that I have nothing to add to this as I really don't know...
I will look into rtngs.com. Thanks.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Correct sir. Thats on all streamed content. Ive never used the XBOX 1X Blu-Ray Player.
Admittedley my TV is only a Samsung 6 series 70 inch 4K HDR TV. Model number NU 6070. I know, not the best, but for $549.00 delivered, I couldnt resist. Furthermore, barring the green idiosyncracy, the TV performs rather flawlessly IMHO. The green flourescence really isnt a bother at all. I was just curious.
Thanks to all,
Jon
Have you called Samsung about this? If there is an adjustment to the green.
Is it under warranty?
Was it like this out of the box?

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Have you called Samsung about this? If there is an adjustment to the green.
Is it under warranty?
Was it like this out of the box?
No I havent for 2 reasons:
1- Its not really an issue
2- I just assumed it was a functional limitation of a cheap TV resulting in poor HDR and or color rendering.
I thought I remember reading although about this particular issue and its causality. However, because Im lower on the learning curve the explanation was lost on me.
Again its really not annoying at all, I just thought I would pose the question in an approriate forum such as this. Thanks.
Jon

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
2- I just assumed it was a functional limitation of a cheap TV resulting in poor HDR and or color rendering.
Jon
That HDR doesn't present itself unless a program has that mastered into it.
So, those that don't should be normal green.
May want to call Samsung how to get into a deeper calibration level on the TV beyond normal consumer controls.
But that may be too much info as well?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, but, it may be beyond him and without knowing the tv calibration capability or where and how to use them, may not pan out.
YeH that’s definitely a possibility. Even though it doesn’t allow you into the service menu, it’s much better than using the ol eyeball, or nothing! Lol

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
That HDR doesn't present itself unless a program has that mastered into it.
So, those that don't should be normal green.
May want to call Samsung how to get into a deeper calibration level on the TV beyond normal consumer controls.
But that may be too much info as well?
Actually now that I think about it I just might be experiencing this issue with HDR content only.
Ill have to check. It seems most prominent on those YouTube 4K HDR nature programs. The jungles look a bit off. Almost over saturated green is maybe the best way to describe it making it look flourescent.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis